Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
More LNOE Zombies
02-26-2013, 05:04 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2013 05:51 AM by friskers96.)
More LNOE Zombies
Here is my latest Zed... Hope it is well received... I really need a larger pallet of colors to pull from, but that will happen over time... This is my third zombie, the second picture shows the progression with them. I never posted the second (female machete GW zombie) cause I'm not to proud of the outcome. Her face caused a lot of issues for me. Between my skill level and the lack of detail, it was a hard one. My third is from my TP set, I'm going to paint those so hopefully by the time I get to the base game set I'm a little steadier and have a larger collection of paint to choose from. Every payday I go to the hobby shop and get three more colors, usually a base, a layer, and a shade. When I'm done with the shades, I might get glazes or textures (not sure yet). Anyhow let me know what you think criticism is always welcome.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2013, 02:59 PM
RE: More LNOE Zombies
those look nice man i like the guy in the blue shirt he is my favorite
Find all posts by this user
02-26-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm with alderdust the Blue Shirt Zombie's the best. In terms of shading and highlights. You've done a really good job of highlighting his hair. Keep 'em coming. Your Zombie Horde is slowly building with every Zombie you add to it...
02-26-2013, 06:05 PM
The blue shirt is the most recent. The camera flash is making all the colors pop. In actual light the colors are mor muted. The hair seemed the easiest xv-88 base, nuln oil wash, xv-88 dry brush for the highlight. I had issues with Mrs. Machete, so her face I was going for a stripped flesh face, not sure I pulled it off. I tried to highlight her shirt with brown to simulate dirt. Thanks for the encouragement guys. Watchmen02

02-27-2013, 09:42 AM
I added two more today... Trying out different ways to shade, thinned out some red to the consistency of a wash on the last one, gore was a little more subtle and to my liking. I got a ways to go... Not sure on the white hair though, was trying that out now planning on what to do with Father Joseph. BTW the brown smudges on them is my feeble attempt to try and simulate dirt. I'm dry brushing it on. Looking at them in my hand they look great, seeing them through the camera I'm seeing a lot of room for improvement.. Suggestion always welcome!

Attached File(s) Image(s)

02-28-2013, 12:49 AM
Looks good I would check out trev's YouTube channel for some painting tips it gives some nice suggestions!
02-28-2013, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 10:54 AM by Achtung Panzer.)
You're doing a great job! Painting the figures is a very rewarding pastime and they certainly add to the game. Thanks for sharing too, I was encouraged to paint my models by looking at other peoples' contributions.
02-28-2013, 03:10 PM
I think you have done an amazing job. I really like the white/grey haired model.

I also like the toned down gore, it looks aged and weathered. After a while zombies stop bleeding and the wounds dry and crust up. I think it looks authentic.