Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
More music to get into de mood-a
10-13-2012, 06:51 PM
More music to get into de mood-a
I love Mary Beth's soundtrack for ATOE. I listen to it every time I play. But after a couple of times through I do like to change it out for variety & so I don't get burned out. Here are some other suggestions for music to play ATOE by:

Midnight Syndicate:

Pure awesome. Soundtracks for movies that don't even exist. Inspiration for this list.

Nox Arcania:

Just recently discovered. Great stuff as well. Right up there w/ Midnight Syndicate.

Lustmord:

Not out & out horror, just ambient, moody, & slightly creepy.

"Bram Stoker's: Dracula" (soundtrack):

One of my favorite movie soundtracks period, & obviously appropriate for ATOE

"Last of the Mohicans" (soundtrack)

Another one of my favorite soundtracks in general, & period appropriate for ATOE

"Pirates of the Caribbean" (soundtrack)

Particularly appropriate for The Coast, obviously. Zombie03

"The Fog" (soundtrack)

Might have to track it down, but worth it if you do. All of Carpenter's stuff rocks.

Add more if you have suggestions!

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 09:55 PM
RE: More music to get into de mood-a
Thanks for the suggestions. I own the Dracula soundtrack but would like to get me hands on some ambient cds or putting some together.

I really enjoy the music of Jesper Kyd, especially from the hitman series like this one:

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Thought of another one. Like "The Fog" it's older & out-of-print, but would be worth finding:

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
10-14-2012, 06:33 PM
I hope you don't mind, but I'm filing this into the general -- media forums.
10-15-2012, 03:53 AM
(10-14-2012 06:33 PM)mqstout Wrote:  I hope you don't mind, but I'm filing this into the general -- media forums.

As you wish. Watchmen02 I was aiming it at ATOE only appropriate soundtracks, but if we're going to open it up, then feel free to add LNOE, FanG or IFOS/COPE appropriate soundtracks too! Watchmen02

10-15-2012, 01:54 PM
(10-15-2012 03:53 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  As you wish. Watchmen02 I was aiming it at ATOE only appropriate soundtracks, but if we're going to open it up, then feel free to add LNOE, FanG or IFOS/COPE appropriate soundtracks too! Watchmen02

You're trying to tell me the first one in your list -- the evil clowns tune by Midnight Syndicate -- isn't already IFOS? Watchmen02
10-15-2012, 02:15 PM
(10-14-2012 10:04 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  Thought of another one. Like "The Fog" it's older & out-of-print, but would be worth finding:

Whoa, this brought me back. I loved this movie as a kid. Haven't thought of it in, well, decades.
10-15-2012, 10:42 PM
(10-15-2012 01:54 PM)mqstout Wrote:  
(10-15-2012 03:53 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  As you wish. Watchmen02 I was aiming it at ATOE only appropriate soundtracks, but if we're going to open it up, then feel free to add LNOE, FanG or IFOS/COPE appropriate soundtracks too! Watchmen02

You're trying to tell me the first one in your list -- the evil clowns tune by Midnight Syndicate -- isn't already IFOS? Watchmen02

Actually if you follow the link to Youtube it's for the whole Midnight Syndicate playlist. Sadly that one just happened to be #1 on the list. The rest of their stuff is much more like this:

But point taken. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

10-16-2012, 04:57 AM
(10-15-2012 02:15 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote:  Whoa, this brought me back. I loved this movie as a kid. Haven't thought of it in, well, decades.

*Nods knowingly* It's one of my favorite ghost movies. Watchmen02 It and "The Changeling" w/ George C. Scott were some of the earliest haunting themed movies I saw as a young lad.

11-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Great post and suggestions. For FANG, I would reccomend http://archive.org/details/oldtimeradio

The bulk of material is from the 40's, but a lot of it works nicely. Music, variety shows, news, entertainment, etc. Nice, dusty background ambiance to change up from music soundtracks. Even some 30's baseball broadcasts.