Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
More people need to play this
09-14-2011, 09:54 PM
RE: More people need to play this
I am thinking about getting this just for the characters to crossover to lnoe and the idea of a human vs zombie vs alien scenario has sparked my intrest.
Is this game as a stand alone much different than lnoe though?

Eating brains and taking names.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2011, 08:04 PM
(09-14-2011 09:54 PM)abomination Wrote:  Is this game as a stand alone much different than lnoe though?

it actually is, The Heroes are givin the chance to roll for power tokens to use special ability's, and the Hero decks are similar to LNOE but there alot of neat different types of weapons that you could even throw in your normal LNOE for fun.

But the main difference is the Martians. They move and fight as a pack (or individual), use a command phase board to distribute how they want to attack, so with all the minis, board peices, extra heroes, and punch outs to use on custom scenarios and cross overs, this game is well worth it. Like I said in the other post, the minis are made thicker and a touch bigger from LNOE with a better quality feel to them.

Check out the rule book on this link http://www.flyingfrog.net/invasionfromou...ok_Web.pdf im sure it'll explain alot to ya.

Also! they have fire and crowd markers that are really cool to add to LNOE.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Thank you for the info, I'll check out the rule book. there is a good chance I'll be buying this real soon.

Eating brains and taking names.
09-15-2011, 11:06 PM
I have it and have yet to play it myself. Been so busy and I too have a pile of board games that have yet to be played and this is one of them. But I do agree there hasn't been much discussion on this one.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
01-08-2012, 07:56 PM
finally got my copy...uff
01-18-2012, 11:13 PM
I love this game! And I got a actually moving Ferris Wheel with lights and everything to add to my 3D version of this much like my 3D Last Night On Earth. Can't wait to get it close to finished and then get some pics up. Just waiting on a wee babe to come so been really busy!

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
01-29-2012, 05:25 AM
(03-31-2011 05:40 PM)avpan Wrote:  This is by far an amazing game. My friends enjoyed it and found it harder than last night on earth

That's correct.

It is harder that LNoE. Although LNoE is an amazing game as well. The martian command console is a great aspect of IfOS.
01-29-2012, 06:57 PM
(01-18-2012 11:13 PM)Canadian Pittbull Wrote:  I love this game! And I got a actually moving Ferris Wheel with lights and everything to add to my 3D version of this much like my 3D Last Night On Earth. Can't wait to get it close to finished and then get some pics up. Just waiting on a wee babe to come so been really busy!

Be looking forward to the pics your LNoE stuff was sweet.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-19-2014, 10:41 PM
I would love to play this game more, unfortunately it has similar game play to LNoE, which all my friends hate

Insane19