Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Most powerful card in the game"
10-25-2012, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2012 01:46 AM by ForestRunner.)
RE: "Most powerful card in the game"
As stated earlier, combos which can really make or break a game.

ZP: Surprise Attack & Cornered are good enough on their own, but combine them!! On one occasion I had I Feel Kind of Strange in hand to go with them. Result = Bloodbathus Maximus.

HP: Signal flare by itself can be innocuous. Add Holy Blessing to it and it's virtually unstoppable.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2012, 08:37 PM
(10-24-2012 08:59 PM)PJON Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 08:40 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  If you can grab the hedge trimmers and make way for a space with a ton of zombies in it, it is AWESOME! You get one extra fight dice for every zombie in your space. Meaning, literally, if you have 5 zombies in your space, you get 5 extra fight dice.

I dont see the fun in the Hedge Trimmer. Ok, yes 5 Zombie gets you 5 extra dice, then 4 Zombies 4 dice, 3 Zombies and so on......

All you have to do is Hate the Living, or roll better then them. The Chainsaw is a waste unless you have gasoline.

I think the Meat Clever and maybe a Bat, or with the Chain saw or some other extra die weapon, can yeild you better than the Hedge Trimmer.

But yes. The Smell of Brains is awesome.

Perhaps, but the way I look at it, even one extra fight dice is always a pretty cool thing to get. Now, obviously if the HP gets into a fight with a bunch of zombies, they would ultimately hope to kill them all. However, you are forgetting that, technically, if you fail to kill any of the zombies while using the hedgre trimmers, then they STILL count towards the number of zombies in your space. In other words:

- 5 zombies in your space, with the hedge trimmers, you now get 5 extra fight dice. So, let's say you kill the first zombie...

- 4 zombies in your space, so you get 4 extra fight dice. Now, say you fend that zombie off, but are unable to kill it. You then move on to the next fight...

- There are still 4 zombies in your space, so even though you already resolved two fights, you still get 4 extra fight dice. That zombie you didn't successfully kill is still there.
10-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Hedge Trimmers are epic on Jade. The trouble is they are two-handed. If you duck tape them to the Garden Shears it's ridiculous, otherwise I'd take the garden Shears.

I agree situationally that many cards are epic, like getting the upgrade that lets you pull an ammo or gun card instead of searching, then get a police shotgun and extra ammo.

That combo is sick, just keep on rolling till everything dies.

But for a single card, I'm looking for a card that when pulled is a game changer in almost any circumstance.

If you like Oh the Horror, you will freak over Terror at Timber Peak. You draw two cards, and your hand is increased to 6 cards until the heroes cancel the card. Every turn that remains alive is another devastating turn for the heroes. Had a game it was drawn first turn, that game was a massacre.
10-30-2012, 08:06 PM
(10-26-2012 02:19 PM)Phantaskippy Wrote:  Hedge Trimmers are epic on Jade.

Not the first time I have heard that. I guess I will find out why when I get Hero Pack 1.

(10-26-2012 02:19 PM)Phantaskippy Wrote:  If you like Oh the Horror, you will freak over Terror at Timber Peak. You draw two cards, and your hand is increased to 6 cards until the heroes cancel the card. Every turn that remains alive is another devastating turn for the heroes. Had a game it was drawn first turn, that game was a massacre.

Actually, funny that you mention it. That is a BRUTAL card. When we played Timber Peak (as I've mentioned, one of my gaming buddies owns it, I do not yet) that card came out. Luckily, I happened to have a card in hand that cancels a zombie card, so you can bet your butt I canceled that one right away. LOL!