Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Movie Campaign Anyone try it?
04-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Movie Campaign Anyone try it?
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2076...cenarios-5

has anyone tried this?

My frds and I want to try it, trying to find a good time to do it since I do not know how long this will take.

But seems fairly fun.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2011, 06:45 PM
RE: Movie Campaign Anyone try it?
(04-08-2011 02:30 PM)avpan Wrote:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2076...cenarios-5

has anyone tried this?

My frds and I want to try it, trying to find a good time to do it since I do not know how long this will take.

But seems fairly fun.

Sounds really interesting. Since that BGG thread is from 2007, and a lot of official scenarios have come out since then, maybe this campaign idea could be retooled a bit (by inserting as much official content as possible, to make sure the scenarios are balanced).

And don't forget to write some kind of session report (here or/and on BGG).

Good luck!
04-20-2011, 03:34 PM
So I finally got to play the campaign yesterday. And I do say it could use a bit of tweaking otherwise it was fairly balanced. Although it did kinda fair the humans a little bit.

It took a total of 6hrs to play so 2hrs per Act. Which isn't horrible, standard time for scenarios usually
04-24-2011, 10:49 AM
I prefer to play a one-shot scenario, instead of a campaign

My 2 cents..
04-24-2011, 04:52 PM
yeah it makes sense. I just wanted to try a campaign for a different feel.
04-24-2011, 07:03 PM
(04-24-2011 04:52 PM)avpan Wrote:  yeah it makes sense. I just wanted to try a campaign for a different feel.

I totally get the coolness of the campaign. It's just that the game takes soooooo long to play, that more than 1 scenario might be too much for 1 sitting (our games seldom last less than 3 hours, and we play 2 players!)
04-25-2011, 09:47 PM
6 hrs was a long time. A few of my frds were falling asleep towards the end. Definitely something only doable by hardcore gamers. Casuals would hate it. My roommates ended up not wanting to play the game anymore because it took 1+ hrs to play a scenario.