Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Movie reviews (titles starting with O)
02-10-2013, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 06:14 AM by goodcop2000.)
Movie reviews (titles starting with O)
The Omega Man (1971)
3.5 helpings of soylent green

This 1971 film is very dated (big afros, 8-track tapes) but entertaining. This is based on Richard Matheson's classic story I Am Legend but the plot is very different from the book and different from the recent Will Smith remake. Heston is awesome as his usual overacting self as he leads a small band of human survivors against the infected horde.

The Omen (1976)
4 scary birthday parties

For a movie filmed in 1976 I think it holds up exceptionally well. Nice acting, great music, scary moments...The Omen is a classic in the supernatural horror genre. The plot revolves around parents slowly discovering that their young son may be destined for a life of evil. I wonder how many people decided not to have kids after seeing this...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2013, 07:34 AM
RE: Full movie reviews (titles starting with O, P, Q)
finally got around to watching Pontypool today, I really enjoyed it. Its the first horror film in quite some time that actually gave me chills. Its very suspensdeful, but i agree 100% about how the explained the "virus". They got something different, but it doesn't really work.

Take that, you mealy-mouthed bastards!
03-10-2013, 04:46 AM
(03-09-2013 07:34 AM)ZombieWaffle Wrote:  finally got around to watching Pontypool today, I really enjoyed it. Its the first horror film in quite some time that actually gave me chills. Its very suspensdeful, but i agree 100% about how the explained the "virus". They got something different, but it doesn't really work.

It is unfortunate that they went with that explanation but I really did enjoy the movie.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
03-12-2014, 03:18 AM
After watching Pontypool again recently, I have adjusted my rating from 3.5 tasty brains to 4. Despite the one noted shortcoming, it is a really well done film!

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War