Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Movie reviews (titles starting with Q)
02-04-2017, 06:15 AM
Movie reviews (titles starting with Q)
Quarantine (2008)
3 tasty brains

This is no masterpiece but I've seen a lot worse horror movies lately so I'm happy just to find a half decent one. The underlying plot is pretty good with a reporter and a cameraman riding along with a fire truck and getting quarantined inside of an apartment building when a dangerous, unknown illness breaks out. There are some pretty scary moments and images with one surprise that made me jump. The end of the movie turns into a bit of a Blair Witch Project style thing with lots of running and screaming as the camera bounces around crazily but overall I enjoyed it. Incidentally, it stars Jennifer Carpenter, Dexter's sister on the Showtime series Dexter. UPDATE: Quarantine is a remake of the Spanish film [REC]. Now that I have seen the original, I have to say that pretty much every scary moment in Quarantine is taken directly from [REC], which is a much better overall film.

Quarantine 2: Terminal (2011)
3.5 tasty brains

Quarantine 2 takes place at roughly the same time as the original film but is set on a plane leaving Los Angeles instead of the apartment building in L.A. where the problems started. The same illness that broke out in the building starts to spread on the plane, causing much mayhem. I actually enjoyed this sequel more than the original. Part of the reason is I prefer conventional cinematography to the shaky video camera footage used in the first installment. I also think the primary actors, particularly Mercedes Masohn as flight attendant Jenny, did a better job in this one. The movie is nicely paced, with some exciting scenes and plenty of carnage.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply