Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Music?
08-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Music?
What kind of music does everyone listen too?

Personally, I am big on Heavy Metal and Classic Rock.

Right now, I am listening to Testament's new album, Dark Roots of the Earth. Its killer

Take that, you mealy-mouthed bastards!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2012, 05:19 PM
RE: Music?
I an ecletic rock music fan...

So hard to define...

Right now i'm listening to Dragonforce (Inhuman Rampage) and The Killers (Sawdust)

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
08-02-2012, 08:24 PM
I have very eclectic tastes. But, my favorite tends to be heavy metal. The harder, the better (that's what she said).

Some of my favorites include:

- Ozzy Osboure/Black Sabbath
- Rob Zombie/White Zombie
- Metallica
- SlipKnot
- Cradle of Filth
- Nine Inch Nails

And too many more to mention/remember off the top of my head.

But, I also like a little from basically everything...

Except pop and country. No offense to fans of either, but I can't stand them.
08-02-2012, 08:35 PM
(08-02-2012 08:24 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  I have very eclectic tastes. But, my favorite tends to be heavy metal. The harder, the better (that's what she said).

Some of my favorites include:

- Ozzy Osboure/Black Sabbath
- Rob Zombie/White Zombie
- Metallica
- SlipKnot
- Cradle of Filth
- Nine Inch Nails

And too many more to mention/remember off the top of my head.

But, I also like a little from basically everything...

Except pop and country. No offense to fans of either, but I can't stand them.

My fiance's sister just got her started on country, definitely not my favorite but loads better than the top 40 pop nonsense she usually listens too lol

Im also big on power metal - Hammerfall, Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, etc...

Take that, you mealy-mouthed bastards!
08-02-2012, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 08:41 PM by Leonard.)
It varies depending on my mood really! Orchestral. Anything with a piano/organ. Grunge, punk, melodic rock, new age. Some bands would include: The Smashing Pumpkins, The Distillers, Noctura, Evanescence, Johnny Cash, Blondie, Queens of the Stone Age, Enya, The White Stripes, Amy Winehouse, Within Temptation. I'm currently obsessed with The Dark Knight Rises soundtrack, though!
08-03-2012, 06:01 PM
The type of music I listen to most often is generally called "Dark Cabaret" or "Dark Roots." It is like music from a twisted theater play or hoedown, with lots of accordians, violins, banjos, mandolins, tubas, etc. Some are tangos, some are waltzs, some are oompah. A few of my fav bands from this genere are the Tiger Lillies, Vagabond Opera, Circus Contraption, Golgo Bordello (maybe they don't belong on this list, but they are worth mentioning), Scarring Party, Jill Tracy, Vermillion Lies, and the Denver Gentlemen. Is anyone else a fan?

Also, since the passing of MCA, I have been playing lots more Beastie Boys from my highschool collection. I picked up the new album, and it is really good.
08-03-2012, 11:24 PM
I have been listening to a plethora of music for years now. It started with death metal, doom metal but then my interest waned. Recently started to listen to 8-bit music/chiptune and now I have this fascination for witch house music, White Ring.
09-23-2012, 07:06 AM
I'm kinda stuck somewhere in time...

I listen an awful lot to Iron Maiden and Depeche Mode. I always have at least one CD from both in my car. As far as music genre goes I mostly enjoy melodic metal.

At the moment it's Iron Maiden's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son on repeat. It's a must for playing air guitar when in a traffic jam.

\m/ (>.<) \m/

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-23-2012, 03:54 PM
(09-23-2012 07:06 AM)scarydk Wrote:  I'm kinda stuck somewhere in time...

I listen an awful lot to Iron Maiden and Depeche Mode. I always have at least one CD from both in my car. As far as music genre goes I mostly enjoy melodic metal.

At the moment it's Iron Maiden's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son on repeat. It's a must for playing air guitar when in a traffic jam.

\m/ (>.<) \m/

iron maiden rules love my old metal still have that album on viynl other cool bands are ozzy,judas preist, slayer, W.A.S.P ,megadeath ,aerosmith yje list could go on but on the other hand im a turntabilist and luve my scratching and beat juggling so my taste is quite varied but i cant abide pop sorry but i cant lol.
09-25-2012, 01:51 AM
Techno, Trance, DubStep, Chill, House, Indie, Lounge, New Age, Classical