Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Music?
01-10-2013, 04:44 AM
RE: Music?
all sortas. but to go with the whole zombie theme "ZombieGirl" isnt half bad, industrial genre. lot of zombie like tones to her songs like "Living Dead Superstars" "Go Zombie" "Gonna Getcha Now"

***Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?***
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2013, 09:16 AM
I'm into Hardcore (the old stuff like Slapshot, Warzone, Project X, Raised Fist), Psychobilly (Batmobile, Space Cadets, ...) and nowadays I kinda evolved in to I think they call it Stoner Metal...bands like Orange Goblin, Red Fang, High On Fire, The Sword (going to watch them on saturday) I remember someone calling Red Fang "music for headbangers who like to think"

In my younger days I listend to Iron Maiden (still listen to the best albums "number of the beast, powerslave and piece of mind) , King Diamond the album Them is awesome!), White Zombie (especialy the first album). So now I got a new turntable I finally can take out those albums. Man the nostalgia on looking at the albumcovers, the vinyl, the artwork..the smell of the entire thing. That is just something you can't understand if you haven't experienced that.
Cool thing was that I had to teach my 11 year old son what those big black discs are. It never dawned on me before that he never saw those thingsand did not know what they were Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2013, 06:36 PM
I will honestly say there is probably a song or songs in every genre and sub-genre of music in the world that I like/would like.

Name a band and I could probably find a decent song.

I used to pigeon-hole myself as a punk/hard rock music lover but secretly I was also listening to ambient techno, power-pop, rap, etc. then one day I said "Who gives a rats ass what I like, I should like what I like and not be ashamed of it." I have to admit, it was quite freeing.

So now my drive to work shuffle play is a mix of:

Black Sabbath
Deltron 3030
Screaming Trees
Six Pence none the Richer
Concrete Blonde
Rolling Stones
Breeze Evaflowin'
Skyrim soundtrack
01-10-2013, 10:39 PM
i skimmed through that post until i saw Skyrim. NICE!

***Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?***
01-11-2013, 01:59 AM
(01-10-2013 10:39 PM)milenko17 Wrote:  i skimmed through that post until i saw Skyrim. NICE!

Ditto. There's a soundtrack for Skyrim?
01-11-2013, 08:41 AM
My taste in music is definitely not something you will hear in a zombie film. I love 80s music -- I listen to it consistantly... and on repeat. I also love lots of music from the 90s, and am a huge fan of Matchbox Twenty (the comeback album was their worst, but let's not get into such things). I don't really listen to top 40 radio, as I've hated most of what's on there for the past few years, but there are a few highlights. In terms of current and genre, I tend to stick with alternative or folk music. I listen to lots of John Mayer and similar artists.
01-11-2013, 09:59 AM
(01-11-2013 08:41 AM)Rullys Wrote:  I love 80s music --

Loads of great stuff in the 80's, the beginning years of hardcore Watchmen02 (Black Flag, Slapshot, SSD, Project X, ...) But I think you are talking of the more commercial stuff right? I'm playing the Duran Duran "seven and the ragged tiger" LP as I am typing this down. I have a couple of their albums and am now on a quest to find all the other albums.

As for music from games. I just recently got the special edition of Bioshock 2 (got it from a guy, sealed for 15€ lol) and the score for the game is in there on cd and the score of the first Bioshock is in it on vinyl.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
01-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Psychopathic Records (like Insane Clown Posse and Twiztid), techno, dubstep, a lot of different rock style stuff like ranging from sublime and no doubt to aerosmith and CCR to Manson and NIN. Pretty varied musical taste...even like classical quite a bit. Only things I dont really dig on at all are country(it is all so depressing) and Opera, oh and bubblegum pop crap like the spears and the biebers. Everything else is on the table though.
01-11-2013, 04:09 PM
(01-11-2013 01:59 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 10:39 PM)milenko17 Wrote:  i skimmed through that post until i saw Skyrim. NICE!

Ditto. There's a soundtrack for Skyrim?

It is a bit pricey, or you can just figure out a way to suck them out of the game itself.

Skyrim Soundtrack