Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Baldy adventures - Women's blades worked great!
08-17-2013, 01:28 AM
My Baldy adventures - Women's blades worked great!
I forget if I ever updated you guys. A bunch of you were very helpful with advice as far as my new hairstyle, and shaving my head without mangling the crap out of it. I forget who, but one of you basically suggested I try the girly blades. So, that is what I tried. Ever since then, I get extremely smooth shaves, and I normally barely nick myself at all. If I do nick myself, it is my own fault for accidentally slipping and going in a bad direction, or something like that.

Even with the razor a lot of people suggested, I could get it to look nice and smooth, but it still felt stubbly. With the girly blades, not only does it look smooth, but it also feels 100% smooth. I don't have to go over it again and again as much either to get it looking good. I should have just been using them in the first place. Without looking, I forget the specific blades. They were Gillette. I think it was Venus or something like that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2013, 02:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2013 02:40 AM by alderdust.)
RE: My Baldy adventures - Women's blades worked great!
Lol you're welcome I have been using te Venus blades for over 2 years now and nothing else compares...except the new Gillette fusion (but it clogs and you need to replace the razor after every head shave) which is way too expensive sonce they are about 4 bucks each.
08-19-2013, 01:59 AM
I took the plunge on shaving my head myself. As a first timer I wanted something without a fuss & guaranteed a result, so I got a HeadBlade. So far I've been happy with the purchase, but I've no frame of reference for comparison, so YMMV.

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
08-21-2013, 02:36 AM
(08-17-2013 02:38 AM)alderdust Wrote:  Lol you're welcome I have been using te Venus blades for over 2 years now and nothing else compares...except the new Gillette fusion (but it clogs and you need to replace the razor after every head shave) which is way too expensive sonce they are about 4 bucks each.

Ahhhh, so that was you, alderdust. Thanks! To be honest, I can't imagine anything being any better than the Venus blades, and I am actually able to get quite a few uses out of them. Honestly, I probably stretch them for longer than you really should, but I still don't have any problem with them.

MoonSylver,

I heard of Headblade and was thinking of trying that too. But, then I tried the Venus blades and haven't needed it. Good to hear that is pretty good too, though.

By the way, what is YMMV?
08-21-2013, 05:57 PM
(08-21-2013 02:36 AM)StayPuft Wrote:  By the way, what is YMMV?

Your Mileage May Vary. Zombie03

TTFN.Insane20

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
08-25-2013, 12:39 AM
RE: My Baldy adventures
Ah. Never heard that one before. ;-)