Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Criminal Heroes
11-15-2009, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2009 09:27 PM by maxon_jax.)
My Criminal Heroes
    JICELLE REDNECK CHICK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2009, 09:30 PM
RE: My Criminal Heroes
    JAKE SPITS MORELLI GANGSTER MECHANIC
11-15-2009, 10:24 PM
I like em both.The chick looks the part very well.
As for the gangster I have a hard time with four wound points,I don't even like Sam with four.
I mean come on why does an old fat diner cook get four when a younger fitter active sheriff gets three?
Other than that very cool,what are you going to use for figs/minis.
11-16-2009, 01:09 AM
MIGHT SCULPED MY OWN
11-16-2009, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2009 08:07 PM by Grudunza.)
Yeah, I think Jake is overpowered to have four wounds, a gun with ammo, and winning on ties... And then she has a shotgun and ammo, too? Look out, zombies in their path... But that is tempered somewhat by having Jake and Jicelle in the same space at all times. They are, of course, a big target for cards like Bickering and Last Night on Earth, which is nice. Still, drop Jake down to three wounds and remove their ammo and I think it'd be perfect.

Also, the name "Jake" should probably be changed, with Jake Cartwright already in the game.
11-17-2009, 11:28 AM
not a fan, there is already a jake, tough is taken, and im not sure how you would make them inseparable, if that means when ever he moves she moves with him then i dont think her player would be haveing to much fun.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
11-17-2009, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2009 11:45 AM by fallensaviour.)
On second thoughts yeah scrap the ammo and shotgun on both.Have one or the other,he has the gun,she has some ammo that would be cool and if they are inseparable(i would limit that to a 3-5space range) does that mean if one dies the other is automatically dead as well?
Easy name change solution just call him Jack or have two Jakes it's your game after all whats a name really.
Another thought entirely would be to scrap the gun deal and just start them with a random weapon,put all the weapons in a pile shuffle and pick thats what they start with.
11-17-2009, 06:29 PM
fallensaviour Wrote:On second thoughts yeah scrap the ammo and shotgun on both.Have one or the other,he has the gun,she has some ammo that would be cool and if they are inseparable(i would limit that to a 3-5space range) does that mean if one dies the other is automatically dead as well?
Easy name change solution just call him Jack or have two Jakes it's your game after all whats a name really.
Another thought entirely would be to scrap the gun deal and just start them with a random weapon,put all the weapons in a pile shuffle and pick thats what they start with.

Yeah, I like that better... a random weapon of some kind.

As far as Inseperable goes, I had something similar in a LNOE variant, with Fred and Daphne from Scooby Doo. The rule was that Fred had to go before Daphne in the turn sequence, and then Daphne always had to move directly to Fred's space (ignoring the movement roll). If Fred dies, then Daphne's on her own. With five total characters (Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and Scooby), the idea was always for one person to play both Fred and Daphne, because otherwise, yeah, it'd be pretty restricting to only be Daphne. But playing them together could be interesting, as you have to plan things out a bit as far as how they will function together. Thematically, it wasn't a perfect match, as Daphne was often separated from Fred in the cartoon, but I liked playing on the joke of those two being an item and always being together for some possible "Last Night on Earth" action and the danger of that within the game.

But anyway, maybe something like that would work for these two?
02-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I would agree that they are very over powered. They aren't bad starts, just need some tweaking.