Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My God, He's A Zombie
03-15-2011, 08:50 AM
My God, He's A Zombie
My friends and I had quite the heated argument about the "My God, He's A Zombie" card the other night. We couldn't figure out if the zombie placed in any space adjacent to a hero was able to move on the turn it was placed. We figured if the zombie was allowed to move the card would simply read "in any space with a hero" (since it would HAVE to move there anyway). On the other hand this card is played before the zombies move phase, so you can see our confusion. Eventually we settled on the zombie being able to move that turn.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2011, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2011 10:07 AM by vikinglad.)
RE: My God, He's A Zombie
A lurker emerges? Welcome to the undead, AceTurri. Good question, let me see if I can help out.

From the card:
"Play at the start of a Zombie Turn to place a Zombie..."

From the Rulebook (pg. 16):
"The start of the turn is defined as: Any point up until the first model moves in the Move Zombies Phase..."

I think you played it right. We have always played that this means that the new zombie is placed next to the hero, then we wait 10-15 seconds while the hero ponders his/her fate (taunting normally ensues), then the zed pounces during the "Move Zombies" phase of that same turn. Insane04

One of the other cards specifically says that zombies placed have to wait to move or fight.
03-15-2011, 12:35 PM
It doesn't say you don't move it. It moves. It's entirely possible, though, that it could be placed in a space with multiple choices of heroes to hunger to, or to block a doorway, or on the other side of a wall (and the heroes have "Blocked Windows")...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Thanks a lot. We just got confused because the card might as well say that you put it in the same space.