Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Painted LNoE Heroes
05-11-2015, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2015 08:34 AM by jeffd1830.)
My Painted LNoE Heroes
[Image: alice-becky-goddard-billy-victor.png]

I finished painting the five in the front row today, as well as Kenny...

[Image: kenny.png]

The process of painting all of these is slowly turning me into a zombie. Zombie16

Next I plan to do Ed Baker and Nikki from Timber Peak. I want to do these next because they're part of the Timber Peak set I'm painting for my friend and I want to keep my motivation in place to finish my own set :-)

After them, I'll paint Rachelle and Stacy. These two strike me as boring, they just don't have a lot of colors involved.

Then Sheriff Anderson (both minis), Jake Cartwright (both minis), and Sally (both minis, also seem boring), and finally Jade. Jade will be my reward for finishing all the others, because her skateboard look fun to paint.

We don't have BiTF yet.

I see that I'm going insane, since I just wrote a detailed post talking myself through my motivation and sequence of painting... *sigh* hahaha.

braaaainnsss
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2015, 12:31 PM
RE: My Painted LNoE Heroes
Well done on your work. Painted minis add so much to this game - it is worth the effort.
05-14-2015, 01:50 AM
Well, let's see! How well did I stick to my plan? Basically not at all :-) On the 11th, I continued after Kenny was done and painted Ed, then on the 12th I did Sally x2, then Nikki, and today I did Cartwright x2 and Anderson x2.

That leaves Stacey, Rachelle, and Jade. (Plus the minis from Blood in the Forest whenever I pick up my copy.)

I'm waiting for the varnish coat to dry on the Sheriffs right now. I'll wait to post the pics when this whole set is done. I realize now I did most (all?) of the previous pics prior to varnish, so you'll get to see the difference it makes. I use Liquitex Gloss acrylic brush-on varnish, which leaves them a bit shinier than I'd probably like, but very well protected (which is necessary for me since I plan to use these heavily for gaming!)

It feels really good to be coming down the home stretch. There was certainly a point in the midst of the process where I felt fed up with painting. I am thankful for how interesting all these characters are, that the good folks at Flying Frog came up with such clever characters so that I could remain interested all the way to the end of the process.
05-14-2015, 04:01 PM
Great work! I really enjoy seeing other gamer's painted figures. Keep up the good work you're on the home stretch now and as Achtung Panzer said. They really do add so much to the game.
05-14-2015, 04:56 PM
Great job! I also agree with everyone above. The painted minis add to the whole experience of the game Watchmen02
05-16-2015, 03:34 AM
I just finished painting all the heroes! I'm waiting for Jade's gloss to cure right now so she's able to be handled, and then I will set up a big group picture on the game board so everyone can see.

So what's the consensus... which one should I work on next... (a purchase is required)

Blood in the Forest (but my buddy owns Timber Peak, not me...)
or...
Invasion from Outer Space?
05-16-2015, 01:19 PM
I'd go with Invasion if you want to change it up a bit Watchmen02 Same rule set and you can combine it with LNoE
05-16-2015, 07:46 PM
Here are the finished Heroes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VNhHjHVVdE

[Image: LNOE-LNOE-Heroes1.jpg]
[Image: LNOE-LNOE-Heroes2.jpg]
[Image: LNOE-GH-Heroes.jpg]
[Image: LNOE-HP1-Heroes.jpg]
[Image: LNOE-TP-Survivors.jpg]
[Image: LNOE-TP-NewHeroes.jpg]
05-16-2015, 08:51 PM
Jade has the paint job. (thumbs up) The gloss look is not really for me but as you said it is the best way to protect your models. If you ever wanted to lose the gloss look just varnish them again in matt or satin.

Next purchase (for me) would be BitF.
05-17-2015, 10:27 AM
I couldn't decide... so I bought both tonight. Should arrive in about 3 days. "I think the infection is spreading!" :-)