Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Painted LNoE Heroes
05-17-2015, 12:46 PM
RE: My Painted LNoE Heroes
Good call Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2015, 12:04 AM
(05-16-2015 07:46 PM)jeffd1830 Wrote:  Here are the finished Heroes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VNhHjHVVdE

[Image: LNOE-LNOE-Heroes1.jpg]
[Image: LNOE-LNOE-Heroes2.jpg]
[Image: LNOE-GH-Heroes.jpg]
[Image: LNOE-HP1-Heroes.jpg]
[Image: LNOE-TP-Survivors.jpg]
[Image: LNOE-TP-NewHeroes.jpg]

Those look AMAZING!!! I am going to be trying this myself in the not to distant future. I have never painted game pieces/models before. Can you pass on any tricks that would be helpful? Like what kind of brushes/paint that you used. If I mess up, how hard is it to clean off and try again? Thanks for the pictures. It definitely gives me something to shoot for Watchmen02

"This can't be happening....AGAIN!!!"
06-05-2015, 10:04 PM
Hello "Doctor",

I can give you all sorts of tips if you're looking to achieve a similar quality to what I've done. I know my work isn't the best, and some others here on the forum have quite a bit of painting experience and may be able to chime in and offer advice as well (possibly even contradictory advice!)

Look for my Painting Tips thread which I will post in just a moment.
06-21-2015, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2015 05:20 PM by kstanley.)
poly-shade (tudor) from minwax gives it a nice shading as well as protects them, then you could highlight after if you wanted then hit them up with a clear matt finish, other wise they look really good