Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Painted Shadows of Brimstone
11-24-2019, 06:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2019 06:26 AM by MaskedMinstrel.)
My Painted Shadows of Brimstone
I was never interested in this game until I heard it was the new Warhammer Quest which I had a copy of the original game.
Shortly after that I saw that someone was selling both base games for really dang cheap but missed out on it but that opened my eyes to this game and I watched Inside the Box's review of SoB and was hooked and that this would be our new games night game.
I bought Swamps of Death and had a little play test with the wife and we both enjoyed the game which lead to me buying City of the Ancients and painting both boxed sets in under a week ready for our Saturday night game session!

Note: that while I can paint in the normal way (base, shade, layer, highlight etc) I can be very glacial with that method, so much so I might never make a start and with SoB I wanted everything ready for first game session so I used Army Painter Quickshade Strong Shade dip.

The only non official Brimstone mini here is my stand in for my Wandering Samurai til I get him done.
[Image: Brimstone-Heroes-1.jpg]
[Image: Brimstone-Heroes-2.jpg]
[Image: Brimstone-10.jpg]
[Image: Brimstone-1.jpg]
[Image: Brimstone-2.jpg]
[Image: Brimstone-3.jpg]
[Image: Brimstone-4.jpg]
[Image: Brimstone-5.jpg]
[Image: Brimstone-6.jpg]
[Image: Brimstone-7.jpg]

The kicker is months after I did this I scored a complete Minecart pledge for a steal off a local guy with Kickstarter remorse!
So lots more to go for me I'm afraid

[Image: Brimstone-8.jpg]
[Image: Brimstone-9.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2019, 12:26 PM
RE: My Painted Shadows of Brimstone
Nice- I did the KS Mine Cart for everything .I painted the 2 Core boxes & played some then
the wait for the Expansions dragged on & on so it got shelved. I love the theme of the Game.

Then the rest of the Mine Cart was released & I got overwhelmed (plus it all came in plastic bags
& not in those Retail boxes. It took me forever to sort it all out & by that time I was exhausted.
So alas most of the stuff still sets waiting for assembly & painting.

OD

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-24-2019, 03:41 PM
RE: My Painted Shadows of Brimstone
Yeah I got my Minecart all in one go and damn it was intimidating, very hard to make a start on, and the box was like 17 Kilos.

I added the shooty elements into my game first, the mutant and undead gunslinger gangs and the Darkstone Hydra ages ago and now I am slowly adding bits and pieces from the Minecart to our game.