Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My first game report
12-16-2010, 11:19 PM
My first game report
Well, with a fridge full of Dead Guy Ale, Laughin Skull beer, and Original SIn cider, our groups first game of LNOE began.

6 players. The good guys drew the sheriffs son, the farmer girl, the nurse, and the drifter. Time to get to the truck

They found keys fast, real fast. with zombie pursuit being slowed by ole betsy but by the fifth turn we had a good zombie line stretching across the board and pinning the heroes in two groups. Just when it looked like the drifter and nurse were going to go down, they pulled a shotgun and blasted two zs. This allowed them to link up withe their other group and try and search away.

playin lights out and TCBOLNOE slowed down their efforts but eventually they found gas.

Needless to say, what happend next was utter chaos. The heroes ran for the truck w/out many melee weapons, but w/ two shotguns and a revolver. my zs fell left and right, but more converged on teh heroes as they filled the truck w/ gas.

It was crazy, two heroes were killed, but their replacements amazingly spawned right on the truck as well. even with two new zombie heroes to contend with, the heroes fought off 7 zombies on their last turn in order to peel away for the win (two hours untildaybreak)

It was a close as a game could be, an absolute blast. 4 new fans of LNOE were born
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2010, 10:48 AM
RE: My first game report
Thanks for telling!! How long was the game in minutes? No rulesdifficulties?
12-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Nice report Yellowhammer and welcome to the group!
12-17-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm glad you had fun! Your game report sounds like it was a good edge-of-the-seater.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-17-2010, 08:15 PM
(12-16-2010 11:19 PM)TheYellowHammer Wrote:  Well, with a fridge full of Dead Guy Ale, Laughin Skull beer, and Original SIn cider, our groups first game of LNOE began.

I love a well set up gameWatchmen02

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
12-17-2010, 09:30 PM
The all out brawl at the end of every "Escape in the Truck" game I have played is always epic. It is normally fueled by some sort of "Only 3 turns left!" panic. I love it.
12-19-2010, 02:22 AM
The game was on the long side since it was our first one. I have a question as to which game to run next....

I'm thinking the "hold the manor" one or maybe "save the townsfolk". Anyway, I really like that the game is relatively easy to learn yet has endless variety and tactical implications. This group has been my hardcore Risk group ( i own 6 versions) but aside from that are usually more concerned w/ drinking and chasing girls than sitting around a board game. TheFACT that this held their attention and got them syked is a testament to how crazy awesome this game is. ON a sidenote two players were principally interested in the game concept by way of the sucess of "The Walking Dead". I think that show will lead to a spike in interest in this game and i would encourage the geniuses at the Frog to come up w/ an urban board/scenario which employs some humorous and stereotypical touches that makes LNOE so endearing.

Since I played the Z's, I would have changed some of my tactics. I did a good job w/ "containment"...but once the humans get a couple ranged weapons you really need to close fast or they'll just blast ya away from the truck. Shotguns suck.

Zombie13
12-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Sounds pretty intense. I've already played a few sessions and each one has been just as intense.
12-28-2010, 12:35 AM
played a 1v1 defend the manor house. I was the z's and totally rolled the other guy.

I think his main problem was splitting up all his heroes...and he didn't actiively engage my z's until they had reached "critical mass" and ripped through his ranks (killing 3 heroes)

I think this game may be the steepest climb for the heroes, as there area always tons of zs on the board and you can't let them group up or you'll lose the house to their giant "wave"
12-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Obviously the Zombie player needs to drink more...to level the field.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: