Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My first time...
03-17-2012, 07:31 PM
My first time...
....TONIGHT !

Needless to say that I am excited.

Leavibg for Darqo's den now. Insane20

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2012, 01:25 AM
RE: My first time...
I was curious about this one.

Let us know how it goes!
It seems like it will play similar to ATOE...

Anyways have fun Emp, I'll cross my zombie fingers for you (unless they fall off again. Stupid fingers.)
Find all posts by this user
03-18-2012, 02:35 AM
Curious too! Thinking about getting it for a friend. Let us know how awesome it is!

Through victory my chains are broken.
03-18-2012, 03:00 AM
Tell it like it is Emp. What's the verdict?
03-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Ok, so here goes.
My gamereport.
Let me first put a notch on my belt. Oh yes boys and girls, good ol' Emp...he came...he saw..he kicked their ass! Watchmen02
I won hehehhe and the look on Cisn's (Kiddarqo) wife was like Insane21 Insane21 Insane21

I passed her by a millisecond so that was sheer awesomeness.

So what do I think of the game?
It is a good game with some very good thought out things to play and more importantly play again.

My character was Doctor Zuckov. I do not have to explain that due to the company I was in last night that name got changed really fast. Still sounded the same though Zombie17

At first I was a little dissapointed as I noticed that his fighting ability sucked (rolls hit on 5 & 6 instead of 4,5 & 6)
But I did not know the game so later it dawned on me that fights is not really mandatory in this game.

The treasurehunting was fun and going in "Emp style" (read: balls out head first) did come to my advantage. The first treasurehunt I went on was one in a temple and my friend Simon was there as well with his character (Dudley or something).
We decided we would help eachother and share the wealth...wich resulted in the temples collapse due to Simons roll of the dice. Watchmen02

So we parted ways and I went back to roaming the planet by myself. I found myself in Italy and all of a sudden a treasure (or what are they called) apeared in that land. Boom. Fist treasure was in my pocket and I moved to Hong Kong.
Entering the city I got the Auction card from the city deck and decided I would take a chance and see if I could double my reward. Rolling a 4 gave me 2 extra fortune and 1 extra for being in a capital. Instant 8 Fortune....sweeeet Insane20

I heard Cisn sometimes say that this or that was "like in A Touch Of Evil" but I do not really know since I only played that game once and never played it again because I didn't like it. (i kept being knocked out by the horseman and I just don't like that victorian theme)

FANG is a game that can be played at a really fast pace...if the group works fast. But sometimes there was some downtime. Especialy for me and Simon being the new players. Sometimes Cisn his wife and Mark (another one of our sick friends) were working out things and rolling dice and Simon and I was like "what is going on???"

I guess that came because sometimes the order of the game got mixed up and cards were thrown on the table before it was their turn. Mark is known to do that...and I nearly banged his head on the edge of the table for doing so during our last LNOE game Insane16

To get back to the game. We all played very hard and never "camped down" wich resulted in all of us getting knocked out and losing some of our stuff.
But we all kept going and in the end Joke (Cisn's wife) went for her final destination to get here treasure in and win the game in the end phase.
During the previous turn I sold my last treasure and needed a minimum of 5 on my next movement to make it to my hometown (Moscow). We all knew Joke was going for the win and I was the only one within reach of preventing that.
Joke got hold up due to some nazis Simon placed in her way and I had the chance to move again...and rolled a 6!
Yeahaaaw of to moscow. I had 2 event cards wich I could trade in for glory. So during the end phase those counted as leverage for winning the game.
Joke made it to her city as well but spent all her glory on allies and gear on her way back to her capital. I kept mine so I won Watchmen02

Conclusion.
If you can get a group together like ours...meaning people who know their cheesy and cool adventure movies and series this game is awesome. We had a blast laughing and making fun of eachother stupid mistakes and missed chances.

And also the dangers we had to face when hunting for treasure...boy oh boy...

A submarine attack...in a temple...with a rendevous in a club... to escape an avalanche?! Zombie01 Come on, not even Spielberg can come up with that stuff.

If you are thinking of buying this (rather expensive) game...go for it! It is worth every penny!

And Cisn...excellent work on the paintjobs dude. It sure makes everything come alive.

And just for shits 'n giggles here is a list of movies we quoted during playtime.
The Goonies
Indiana Jones
The tv show Allo Allo
Predator
Terminator

03-20-2012, 12:47 AM
And especially for Cisn:

03-20-2012, 01:35 AM
Nice. Great game report. I think I am finally getting a hold of what is going on here. My conclusion. Perchase it. As a gift for someone else of course.

Through victory my chains are broken.
03-20-2012, 06:00 AM
Awesome review. I love this game! I purchased it upon release and have played it multiple times, to break up our LNoE game nights. We have yet to give co-op a go, but LOVE the competitive nature of the game itself.
03-20-2012, 11:27 AM
(03-20-2012 12:47 AM)Emp Wrote:  And especially for Cisn:

izdarmorofthobeertherebud!!!!!!!!!!!

Watchmen02