Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My secret painting project revealed...
04-18-2013, 09:29 PM
My secret painting project revealed...
I've been a bit quiet on TZG for a couple of weeks, here's why...

I was approached by a UK scenery company called Urban Construct to paint 7 new miniatures to showcase a new building that had been developed. The miniatures have never been seen before and they have just gone on the market. I felt honoured to be asked as there's far better painters out there than me. However I thought I'd give it my best shot.

The figures take very little cleaning up before painting and you can't argue with the price. The figures fall under the bracket of near future. I took my inspiration from the Back to the Future films when Marty goes into the future and all the clothes are way out there.

I'm glad to say Urban Construct were delighted with the results and I was paid for my services. Which allows me to buy more paints/games/figures. I can vouch for this company and have bought several items from them in the past and always had great service.

Check out the results here http://www.wargameterrain.co.uk/

I'd like to hear some feedbackWatchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2013, 12:02 AM
RE: My secret painting project revealed...
You Turn Pro! Sid is my favorite but I'm envenious of all 7.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
04-19-2013, 12:56 AM
They look damn good! I was wondering where you were, thought the hord got you. I noticed that they said they come unprinted, but a painting service is available. Are you that service? Watchmen02

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-19-2013, 01:11 AM
Sam, sometimes when browsing miniatures and I see the sample paint pictures as TOO GOOD, I pass it by under "I could never do it justice" or something like that.
04-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Nice man! Congrats!
04-19-2013, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2013 05:47 PM by samuraitrev.)
(04-19-2013 12:02 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  You Turn Pro! Sid is my favorite but I'm envenious of all 7.

OD

I wouldn't go that farWatchmen02 I actually enjoyed painting Sid most of all.

(04-19-2013 12:56 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  They look damn good! I was wondering where you were, thought the hord got you. I noticed that they said they come unprinted, but a painting service is available. Are you that service? Watchmen02

No it's not me. If I wasn't working full time I could probably spend it painting models but I think I'm probably too slow at painting (at the moment). It took me about 13 hours to paint them. I think if I did it for a living I think it would kill the enjoyment I get out of the hobby. I'm glad you approve of the paint work! They were fun figures to paint.

(04-19-2013 01:11 AM)mqstout Wrote:  Sam, sometimes when browsing miniatures and I see the sample paint pictures as TOO GOOD, I pass it by under "I could never do it justice" or something like that.

I know you've been thinking of joining the painting side for a while. Don't be put off Watchmen02 I say just go for it! Practice on a few plastic figures you're not too bothered about and you'll be surprised how quick you can progress. Every painter started somewhere. I see painted figures that impress me and I try to emulate them and yes I've f'd up a few times it's all part of the game. Get painting and posting! What's the worst that could happen?

(04-19-2013 03:52 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Nice man! Congrats!

No worries. Just to let you all into a secret I purchased something to add to Timber Peak. More coming soon...
04-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Anticipation sucks!! I can't wait to see it!!

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...