Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My version of Ash
07-21-2010, 02:56 AM
My version of Ash
I feel like I kept a reasonable balance between keeping true to the character, while not making him ridiculously overpowered. I mean, come on, Ash HAS to have his boomstick and chainsaw. And the chainsaw is attached to his hand/stump, so I really feel like he shouldn't lose it if he loses a fight. So, I felt like this was a fair way to do that, rather than giving him the chainsaw from the hero deck AND the shotgun. Plus this way, other heroes can still find the chainsaw.

I tend to intentionally make my heroes a bit more powerful than the ones that came with the game. Maybe this is just because I'm kind of a newb, but it seems that the zombies have a fairly serious advantage over the heroes. We've only played a handful of games, but so far, the zombies seem to win more often than the heroes, regardless of who is playing. And when the heroes DO win, it's just BARELY!

I'm sure everyone has some version of an "Ash" character in their game. What did other people do? I was toying with the idea of some other handicaps like "bumbling fool-can't use scenario items" or "deadite hatred" which would give him zombie hunger type rules in regards to the zombies. How about you guys?

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2010, 03:08 AM
RE: My version of Ash
looks pretty cool manZombie17
07-21-2010, 07:48 PM
If you wanted to give him a handicap, I like the idea of either not being able to use scenario items, or, better yet, not being able to use Unique Items (from Survival of the Fittest). Which I might call "Klaatu Barada Nhmphmph."

I really do like Deadite Hatred, but it would need some fine-tuning if you were to make it work, particularly if using expansions like Survival of the Fittest. Ash wouldn't run onto the square with an explosive zombie, for example, and he did run away if he was outnumbered or facing a particularly dangerous threat.
07-22-2010, 02:08 AM
Hmmmm...good point.
08-27-2010, 06:49 AM
haha love it. That would make for an entertaining character!
08-27-2010, 07:16 AM
Russ Wrote:I'm sure everyone has some version of an "Ash" character in their game. What did other people do? I was toying with the idea of some other handicaps like "bumbling fool-can't use scenario items" or "deadite hatred" which would give him zombie hunger type rules in regards to the zombies. How about you guys?

Cool!!!
Every body needs an Ash in their game.
Here is mine;
Figure came from studio miniatures painted by me.
[Image: zombies40.png]
[Image: lastnightpics202.jpg]

[Image: lastnightpics203.jpg]

The Handicap "missing hand" means he is unable to use two handed weapons I have been wanting to edit it but just haven't yet.
I went with the actual movie still to keep the card in the same flavour as the LNOE cards that have actual actors on the cards.
11-14-2010, 11:30 PM
i like it
04-18-2011, 05:01 PM
This is my Boomstick!! Zombie17
04-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Now SamuraiTrev needs to start painting on a batch of those Ash figures and we all can place an order with him.
Hell, I sure would!

I like the cards, nice one guys!

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-19-2011, 02:19 PM
What about an ability "Shop Smart" May take a shotgun from discard instead of searching in any building. Or maybe just adding the Search:Shotgun on the grocery store for him.