Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NEW World War Z official trailer
11-09-2012, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 02:37 PM by alderdust.)
NEW World War Z official trailer
Guys and Gals this was just posted on youtube yesterday! Its the new trailer for World War Z, its staring Brad Pitt. Its based on Max Brooks book. Looks like a fast running zombie theme! Should be a lot of tension and suspense which means it will be awesome! I think release isn't until June 21st 2013 though Insane19 Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md6Dvxdr0AQ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 04:56 PM
RE: NEW World War Z official trailer
While it does look like an intense action thriller, I never got that feeling from World War Z. The book, as well as Zombie Survival Guide, left me with the feeling that they were Romero-esque, lumbering zombies. Individually they were escapable but in masses you were screwed.

Also, what made the book awesome was that it was survivor tales, 20 different viewpoints from all over the world. I was kind of expecting the movie to be more like a special two hour version of 60 Minutes. Some film clips here and there of Z destruction, but mostly interviews.

This, from the trailer, looks like just another zombie apocalypse film. I am a bit disappointed.
11-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Yeah this was taken off wiki.

In January 2012, director Marc Forster and Paramount Pictures told the Los Angeles Times that they "each view World War Z as a trilogy that would have the grounded, gun-metal realism of Matt Damon's Jason Bourne series tethered to the unsettling end-times vibe of AMC's The Walking Dead
11-09-2012, 07:33 PM
not going to lie, that looked really disappointing Insane19

Take that, you mealy-mouthed bastards!
11-09-2012, 07:35 PM
(11-09-2012 07:33 PM)ZombieWaffle Wrote:  not going to lie, that looked really disappointing Insane19

Whys that?
11-10-2012, 12:57 AM
(11-09-2012 07:35 PM)alderdust Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 07:33 PM)ZombieWaffle Wrote:  not going to lie, that looked really disappointing Insane19

Whys that?

The CGI zombie hordes look fake, and a little ridiculous!
11-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Yeah them crawling on each other was kinda meh
11-10-2012, 02:54 AM
(11-10-2012 12:57 AM)Leonard Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 07:35 PM)alderdust Wrote:  

Whys that?

The CGI zombie hordes look fake, and a little ridiculous!

I don't know... While the look was a little out there, I think that this concept is actually a bit creepier. They are using everything to get your face, including each other. It reminded me of a swarm of ants in a way. Though the zombies seem more like the 28 Days Later "Rage Virus" kind.

If you are reading this you are already too late...
11-10-2012, 03:11 AM
Everyone I know is saying "yeah that's going to suck". Make sure you vote with your wallet!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2012, 03:20 AM
I'm probably still going to watch it, but I do admit I'm disappointed that it seems to deviate from the original work. Doesn't mean that I'm saying it's going to be bad, but I wanted to see the stories of the book in the movie. We'll see. What other big-budget, big-name zombie movies have been out? Zombieland? I Am Legend? This may be the biggest, most mainstream, zombie movie to be released.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user