Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NEW World War Z official trailer
11-10-2012, 11:08 AM
RE: NEW World War Z official trailer
I've never read the book so I'm going into this blind. I watched the trailer and judging by that the director seems to be going for shock and awe stuff. Huge explosions, fast thrilling action and big names, big budget and hoping for big returns.

My take on it is. Whenever a director makes a film that was originally a book it should be paramount the overall feeling of the piece remains. Even if there are changes in setting, character and plot. The TV adaptation of The Walking Dead achieved this in my opinion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Looks awesome to me- a proper zombie popcorn flick. My priority is always the quality of the film, rather than the pace of the living dead, and this looks like its layered on the overblown action setpieces with a gravedigger's shovel.

I know it's probably nothing to do with the book, but then I'm not sure the book would make that great a movie.

I'm ok with the tone being changed from the original- after all there's a lot of material out there that has nothing in common tone-wise with its source that still rock. Battlestar Galactica comes to mind; both series are very different, but both good in their own way. In fact, the Dawn of the Dead remake is a long way removed from the original's atmosphere but still is a good movie.
11-12-2012, 02:07 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 02:07 AM by supervike.)
Totally agree with you sickboy...

The 'flood' of zombies looks very unusual, but I'm still semi-excited about it.

Zombies freak me out, regardless of thier speed.
Totally agree with you sickboy...

The 'flood' of zombies looks very unusual, but I'm still semi-excited about it.

Zombies freak me out, regardless of thier speed.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2012, 09:14 AM
I am trying to hod off judgement, because this looks more like Pitts character will be globe trotting to these places as the war is on going instead of going to them post war to interview anyone. This could be interesting, but i believe since they are going this route i will never see the battle of yonkers on film.
11-12-2012, 12:31 PM
(11-12-2012 09:14 AM)SoCalRMD Wrote:  ....the battle of yonkers...

Please explain
11-12-2012, 05:35 PM
(11-12-2012 09:14 AM)SoCalRMD Wrote:  i will never see the battle of yonkers on film.

From the footage, it looks like it will only be the Battle of Yonkers.

Granted it was one of the better stories from the book, but there were so many others than really brought across to the reader the confusion, and degradation of society and human morals in the fight for survival that made this book so excellent. The two that come immediately to mind were the safe house on Long Island and the family traveling to northern Canada. Both showed how people banded together at first, but when the SHTF it was everyone for themselves.

What I worry about is that major aspects of the book that have little to no "action", like Paul Redeker and the Mossad agent (forgot his name), will be glanced over because they are not visually engrossing, however they offer some of the best story to the entire plague.

I guess I should not count my zombies before they turn, but typically Hollywood has a reputation of turning genius into mindless garbage.
11-12-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm personally looking forward to the scale of this. I've got zombie movies that satisfy my "humans are the real enemy" cravings, this looks to be trying something different. I remember a lot of negativity surrounding the early info on 28 days later (too fast, too actiony). Hopefully this can deliver something in a similar class.
11-15-2012, 06:46 AM
(11-12-2012 05:35 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 09:14 AM)SoCalRMD Wrote:  i will never see the battle of yonkers on film.

From the footage, it looks like it will only be the Battle of Yonkers.

Granted it was one of the better stories from the book, but there were so many others than really brought across to the reader the confusion, and degradation of society and human morals in the fight for survival that made this book so excellent. The two that come immediately to mind were the safe house on Long Island and the family traveling to northern Canada. Both showed how people banded together at first, but when the SHTF it was everyone for themselves.

What I worry about is that major aspects of the book that have little to no "action", like Paul Redeker and the Mossad agent (forgot his name), will be glanced over because they are not visually engrossing, however they offer some of the best story to the entire plague.

I guess I should not count my zombies before they turn, but typically Hollywood has a reputation of turning genius into mindless garbage.

You do have a very good point there, i guess in a perfect world we would get this movie made maybe not with everything in it (movie would have to be freakishly long), but with a good mix of he high point action parts, yonkers, india on the mountainside, as well with the less action parts like redeker and the mosad agent.

I almost forgot about the safe house with all the celebs...now that would be something to see lol
11-18-2012, 03:01 AM
Well....Max Brooks made the blueprint for how the zombies are in the Survival Guide....then he took his blueprint and made a story that gives a cross section of how everyone around the World would deal with said blueprint. As always, success for these movies and TV shows and comics are the human story, and the zombies are just there. If the original idea was to make that one book into a trilogy, then you can fit most of it in. I am going to see it, but I think I will be just as dissapointed as I was at the Dawn of the Dead remake. Yes, I detest fast moving zombies. One friend suggested that for this movie, maybe they start fast then slow over time. We will have to see.
12-20-2012, 06:38 AM
Can't wait for this movie to come out~!