Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Name your top 4 hero's and explain why
06-25-2012, 09:31 PM
RE: Name your top 4 hero's and explain why
We all know Johnny, Sheriff, Father, and Becky are the best group. That's why the rules say pick Heroes randomly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2012, 06:36 PM
I really jake, specially after i found out that he gets to pick 2 and choose one using keys and as a start card. We just have the base game and my HP1 just arrived, havent played with it yet. Victor seems pretty good.
In the base game i would go with sheriff, jake, johnny and sally (or becky/father joseph, if the players are up to grouping).
10-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Stacy: She's a risk, but if you can make it a turn or two she makes the heroes dominate. And if the random spawn pit roll hits the gun shop, it's game over.
Sam: He just does what he wants. Nobody hospital tanks like Sam, he's just a one-man wrecking crew.
Mr. Goddard: Heroic event cards are worth it. If you have the gas station and Johnny he's obscene.
Anderson: I love to play the others, but Anderson I always want on my team. He's just so very solid all game long.

Favorite combo's:

Jade and Stacy: Draw power to get Jade powerful, and they are strange. Jade has a rough go early but if they can hold a spawn point together very long it's good game for the zombies. Jade is so good with the unique items too.

Anderson and Rachelle: Two revolvers and flashlight. Anderson cancels Rachelle's negative and the flashlight is almost as good as Jake. These two make for a ridiculously sick first turn hero group.

Favorite 4 hero group I've played:
Jade
Stacy
Jake
Kenny

Jade hung out with Stacy, got the Meat cleaver and bat. She earned her advanced ability for a permanent extra dice and Jade was a five-six dice rolling unwoundable horror. We burned deck so fast the zombie player was overmatched with events and good items. When Stacy got her notebook on turn 8 the game was as good as done. The gun shop was on the map and Kenny just shot stuff.
10-09-2012, 11:58 PM
I know this is in the LNOE section and this is for LNOE Heroes, but I can't help mention Jo Jo. No one compares to the tutu-wearing, Zard Beast slaying, circus dancing bear that is Jo Jo.

I haven't played enough games to have a valid top 4, but I have a special place in my gaming heart for Jake Cartwright (IFOS needs a Cartwright! IFOS needs a Cartwright! IFOS needs a Cartwright!), the hero that I used in my first ever LNOE game. I knew, looking at that scruffy face, reading his Resourceful ability, that he was something special. I was stoked that he made it to Timber Peak, and that there are Cartwrights in the main ATOE and FANG set. (IFOS needs a Cartwright! Cartwright the Clown, anyone?)

Second to Jake is Sheriff Anderson, mainly because I can relate him to Nathan Fillion's character in Slither. His card images convey a certain good-natured personality - he gives off this humble knight-in-shining armor vibe. Gamewise, it's always handy to have a character with a gun.

Next two slots are vacant; I'm temporarily giving it to Sally and Amanda because they're pretty.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Finally, someone who appreciates IFOS. Except jojo kinda sucks ;( I would rather have the strong man in my possession of JoJo

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
10-10-2012, 02:36 AM
(10-10-2012 12:14 AM)Orguss Wrote:  Finally, someone who appreciates IFOS. Except jojo kinda sucks ;( I would rather have the strong man in my possession of JoJo

I've been waiting for you to post for quite some time, man.

To quote Bruce Wayne from Batman Begins: "Now we're two."

Jo Jo does not suck, let's go argue about it over at the IFOS threads. :P
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Amanda - I generally lean toward avoiding fighting, whenever possible so she's a good match for me. The Youth ability to heal has often done wonders for me. Plus, I'm beautiful, too, so I completely relate.

Sherriff - He starts with a Revolver. Can search for a Revolver. Hard to beat that.

Rachelle - Another one that starts with a gun. Too many times, we've had games where the Heroes just can't find weapons. Starting with two (Anderson & Rachelle) is huge.

My last slot is a tie between Becky and Sally...

Becky is obviously great in that she can keep everyone safe, and as an adult has some leeway in terms of usually being able to survive a fight until someone else can heal her.

Sally has the lucky roll. Two nights ago just played aHunt for Survivors where Sally essentially sacrificed herself to draw all the zombies in one area of town to her space on the board. She ended up surrounded by 8, with no weapon. We kinda gave her a respectful nod and wrote her off. Sally fended off 7 of the 8 zombies and only took 1 wound. On top of that, she ended up having to sweep in and rescue the keys/final survivor (which had been lost by a dying Rachelle). Sally is pretty damn hardcore. I have no questions about why she made it out to Timber Peaks. Not a one.