Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nasty combos
04-26-2011, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2011 11:33 PM by ForestRunner.)
RE: Nasty combos
I like mixing it up as Hero and Zombie player.

Last night, I was blessed with...

Johnny's innate Blitz & Tough abilities + Garden Shears + Heroic Resolve. Instant one man war!! - forget Rambo!... and only once I paused to heal.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Sally + chainsaw + gasoline with the gas station on the board = zombies screwed
05-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Billy plus skateboard, dang kid just won't slow down.
05-28-2011, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2011 09:39 AM by blekk42.)
Once I played Jade with Garden Shears and Heroic Resolve played on her. She was a nearly invincible zombie killing machine since she

- had 4 Fight Dice (Garden Shears and Heroic Resolve)
- won on tie (Heroic Resolve)
- killed Zombies on the roll of 6 (Garden Shears)
- stayed safe and sound as long as she rolled doubles (Rebellious)

She was the deadliest bitch I've ever seen.

Organize before they rise!
05-28-2011, 03:22 PM
The other night when I was playing I got the Zombie card that allowed you to get a weapon out of the hero discard and use it for that fight can't remember the name of it but they had garden shears in there which resulted in the decapitation of a hero!
05-30-2011, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2011 06:33 AM by ForestRunner.)
(05-28-2011 09:38 AM)blekk42 Wrote:  Once I played Jade with Garden Shears and Heroic Resolve played on her. She was a nearly invincible zombie killing machine since she

- had 4 Fight Dice (Garden Shears and Heroic Resolve)
- won on tie (Heroic Resolve)
- killed Zombies on the roll of 6 (Garden Shears)
- stayed safe and sound as long as she rolled doubles (Rebellious)

She was the deadliest bitch I've ever seen.

That's awesome. The icing on the cake would be if Jake or Stacy or Victor was in the game - ie rolling another fight dice for a Strange character in the same space.

I once had Jade with Endurance and Heroic resolve, whilst carting the the fence post around. Jake was in the game as well. So Jade was able to take out many of the undead from adjacent spaces. I like your combo better however.

(05-28-2011 03:22 PM)Mr. ONEarm Wrote:  The other night when I was playing I got the Zombie card that allowed you to get a weapon out of the hero discard and use it for that fight can't remember the name of it but they had garden shears in there which resulted in the decapitation of a hero!

That will be Fighting Instincts. It's an awesome card and one of my favourites. I cycle the zombie deck as quick as I can, but Fighting Instincts is one of the few cards I will hold onto, as I view it as a potential game changer.

It's best used in combo with something else, like...
- Desperate for Flesh in play, so you can utilise more Fight cards.
- Growing Hunger in play with the addition of an event like Cornered.

I tend to use one of the Chainsaws against a hero in this situation. The Garden Shears haven't been available to me so far.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
05-31-2011, 10:00 PM
Johnny with the Garden Shears is a deadly combination. You can move in, fight a zombie, and then leave while potentially killing the Zombie, especially since you win on ties. Rolling a six with him means doom for any zombie. Plus, you can give up your move action to heal, so if you need a breather, you can take it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Signal Flare and Survival Tactic Holy Blessing Item damn that messed up a lot of zombies and never discarded all game!
06-20-2011, 10:07 PM
I think one of my favorite combinations as a zombie player is:

1. Play the card (forget the name) where it's raining and the heroes lose 1 movement point every turn.
2. Wait until one of the heroes is just about to get to a building that they really need to get in to.
3. Play I have to get to the... and make them go all the way back across the board.

You've effectively taken a hero out of the game. If you're lucky enough, you'll draw multiple I have to get to the... cards and pretty much screw over the entire hero party.

You ought to be more careful. People might think you're....up....to something.
06-20-2011, 11:57 PM
Yea, "I have to get to the..." is easily one of my top five zombie cards.

Because it's powerful and extremely flavorful.