Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Nearly there, here is my teaser..
05-04-2013, 09:04 PM
RE: Nearly there, here is my teaser..
Relic zombies are in addition to the 14 regular pool.. The 4 relic zombies regen until the arrival of Belial then if they get canned there removed from play. Now they ignore the heroes unless the heroes attack them. They're main focus is delivering the relics. Now heroes can kite them around since they have 2 health boxes without killing them, but the other mobs can make things a bit claustrophobic while attempting.

I do think ill bump the relic zombie hero roll back to the 5+ so it's not as brutal. I was also toying with the idea of making Belial having 1D6 fight dice, and maybe giving him a ranged attack, not sure if that's a good trade off though.

I will defiantly test with both options, it's just nice to have another option to try rather than hit a dead end. Thanks guys.

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 10:17 AM
So I just finished my first run through, Heroes won and the victory came from running the zombies out of turns. Starting heroes were Amanda, Sam, Victor, and Becky. Victor and Becky both had starting locations, Sam and Amanda started in the center of town. Sam and Amanda need up getting great draws, she got the police shotgun and Sam got the Pistol, the other two characters got shafted, event cards and a dynamite for Victor. The two guns never seemed to run out of ammo and the two of them with ranged weapons and theis abilities is just flat out fearsome.. 3 of the 4 relic zombies made it in the church the 4th Sam kited and killed a few times, then grabbed the skull and ran. victor in a strange but brave twist managed to hose the hardware store down with gas and set it on fire shortly after it was taken over and died in the process, Becky made it clear in time to heal SAMs wounds. It was pretty epic, Sam kept passing the dice roll to keep from turning into a relic zombie hero. The rule I used for that was, D6 roll of 3+ saves from turning. I need to make a few tweaks, but I think I'm going to run again, but choose a less epic group, that was one hell of a random draw... Fires, explosions, guns with infinite ammo, one night I wish I wasn't playing solo... The mob of 14 zombies that seemed to ALWAYS pop up did manage to keep em on their toes. It got tight there a few time, if it wasn't for the shotgun I think it would have been different...

05-08-2013, 06:59 PM
I posted a copy of this scenario all done up and nice on my lil pet project site. The file was too big for the DL section, I need to work on getting them smaller. The website is http://porkchopspalace.weebly.com/index.html if anyone is interested. I'd love it if some people would test it a time or two and give me some suggestions on changes.

05-08-2013, 07:30 PM
I will test it and if I'm feeling very kind, I'll do a Game Report on it too. Mind you I need a Demon figure. Oh wait I've actually got one...
Find all posts by this user
05-08-2013, 08:52 PM
LOL. Thanks, Ive run through it twice so far. I cant tell if its being skewed from the assembled team, or the initial card draws. Heroes seem to be stomping them. I might back the starting hero cards down to 1 a piece and find a way to make the zombies more beefcake... BEEFCAKE!!

05-08-2013, 08:55 PM
(05-08-2013 08:52 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  LOL. Thanks, Ive run through it twice so far. I cant tell if its being skewed from the assembled team, or the initial card draws. Heroes seem to be stomping them. I might back the starting hero cards down to 1 a piece and find a way to make the zombies more beefcake... BEEFCAKE!!

You could make them roll to see what kind of beefed up dead they are. Like in that one scenario where the grave dead get a ability based on a die roll in the beginning.
05-09-2013, 04:26 AM
(05-04-2013 01:43 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  Ok, in response to Belial being instantly killed I made some changes to him.
Let me know how he looks and if I made him too soft now..
How about "When Belial would be Killed, he instead takes a Wound."? That lets Killed mechanics still be useful without being overpowered.
05-09-2013, 05:02 AM
Well I figured ignoring the kill and instakill mechanic would still entail that he would take a wound. I need to me more specific. I didn't intend on the cards being thought of as unusable.