Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nearly there with figure painting!
05-07-2013, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 02:16 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
Nearly there with figure painting!
Now I only have one more ATOE Hero figure to paint. But can you identify which one it is?

Here are the latest four including the 'Ghost'...

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2013, 06:27 AM
RE: Nearly there with figure painting!
Not a bad paint job, all considered. I especialy like the detail with Eliza's clothing.

Hmmnn..... not sure about Liliana. I see what you were going for, but the white hair throws me off. I think you might get a better result by doing a standard hair color and then drybrushing pale blue around the edges and ends of her hair. Hard to say.
05-09-2013, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 10:19 AM by Achtung Panzer.)
(05-09-2013 06:27 AM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  Not a bad paint job, all considered. I especialy like the detail with Eliza's clothing.

Hmmnn..... not sure about Liliana. I see what you were going for, but the white hair throws me off. I think you might get a better result by doing a standard hair color and then drybrushing pale blue around the edges and ends of her hair. Hard to say.

Funnily enough she started with dark hair but then the 'ghost' story struck. I tried for a balance of the traditional pale look for a spirit / ghost but remember the other characters - like us - didn't or don't suspect that she is a ghost, so I didn't go for a 'glow-in-the-dark' paint job. Maybe her skin should have been paler. Interesting tip about painting the edges of her hair though.

I've tried to base the other characters on the photos in the game.
05-09-2013, 01:12 PM
(05-09-2013 06:27 AM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  Hmmnn..... not sure about Liliana. I see what you were going for, but the white hair throws me off. I think you might get a better result by doing a standard hair color and then drybrushing pale blue around the edges and ends of her hair. Hard to say.

All great paint jobs, but I do agree about Liliana. She appears too ghostlike with just the whites and blues. She doesn't fit in with the vibrant color that you have obviously painstakingly painted the others.

(05-09-2013 10:18 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Maybe her skin should have been paler. Interesting tip about painting the edges of her hair though.

I think the pale skin would drown her out with the whites and blues. Maybe if you had painted her as the picture in the game, and then did really pale skin, that might have worked.
05-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Looking at her now it does look like she's wearing a wig! But with varnish added it may be too late to paint over and still pick out the hair details.

Anyone got pics of a ghost for inspiration? ;-)
05-09-2013, 08:42 PM
This is kind of what I was thinking with coloring the body as if she were alive but the flesh kind of ghostly. It is the closest thing I could find in short notice.

[Image: DSCF4524.JPG]
05-09-2013, 10:51 PM
I looked earlier today & was decidedly unimpressed with what I found in terms of inspiration. Most of them are TOO ghosty/overdone & aren't as subtle as I'm picturing in my mind. This was the closest I can find, but I'd like more HINTS of this than full on "this"

[Image: 207%5Cghost_312m.jpg]

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
05-10-2013, 12:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 12:34 AM by MoonSylver.)
Just had a thought...wonder what painting regular & then doing washes or drybrushing w/ glow-in-the-dark paints of the same colors would look like...?

*EDIT*

Just found another picture a little closer maybe?

[Image: wraith1.jpg]

Make the greenish touches on them more light bluish & I think that would be what I had in mind?

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
05-10-2013, 05:24 AM
Remember how fun and exciting it was to realize that she is a ghost? Try to keep a little mystery in mind for the paint job.

I think 'less is more' should be the operating principle when painting Liliana- just some subtle ghostly highlights as a nod and a wink to those of us who are 'in the know' about her spectral nature, understated enough that others might not pick up on it at first.
05-10-2013, 08:12 AM
(05-10-2013 05:24 AM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  Remember how fun and exciting it was to realize that she is a ghost? Try to keep a little mystery in mind for the paint job.

I think 'less is more' should be the operating principle when painting Liliana- just some subtle ghostly highlights as a nod and a wink to those of us who are 'in the know' about her spectral nature, understated enough that others might not pick up on it at first.

That's where I was coming from. She's a ghost, not a ghoul.