Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nearly there with figure painting!
05-10-2013, 10:26 AM
RE: Nearly there with figure painting!
Right on.

The pictures that Wasteland Jack and moonsylver are great inspirado though, especially as regards choice of color palatte.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 10:02 PM
RE: Nearly there with figure painting!
(05-10-2013 05:24 AM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  Remember how fun and exciting it was to realize that she is a ghost? Try to keep a little mystery in mind for the paint job.

I think 'less is more' should be the operating principle when painting Liliana- just some subtle ghostly highlights as a nod and a wink to those of us who are 'in the know' about her spectral nature, understated enough that others might not pick up on it at first.

(05-10-2013 08:12 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 05:24 AM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  Remember how fun and exciting it was to realize that she is a ghost? Try to keep a little mystery in mind for the paint job.

I think 'less is more' should be the operating principle when painting Liliana- just some subtle ghostly highlights as a nod and a wink to those of us who are 'in the know' about her spectral nature, understated enough that others might not pick up on it at first.

That's where I was coming from. She's a ghost, not a ghoul.

Agreed. As I say though, these are the closest I could find in terms of the style of highlighting, shading, etc I have in mind. Wish I had a better picture or could describe better what I'm thinking... Insane19

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply