Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need 10-16 custom cards made. Any ideas?
03-03-2010, 06:52 AM
Need 10-16 custom cards made. Any ideas?
I'm trying to finish a custom deck to have printed through Artscow. I have some variant cards for Pandemic and 16 cards for the Zombie Special Abilities idea that comprise 38 cards, and then another 6 custom cards that I threw in there but which I might replace if something better comes along. So that leaves between 10 and 16 cards that I need (or less than 10 is fine, too... I can always find something else to throw in). I figure with all of the custom stuff that people do for LNOE, that there might be something else I can use.

The restriction is that these will all have the Pandemic Player Card backs to them, which isn't a big deal, but they can't be something that would need to fit with an existing deck. And of course they wouldn't match the LNOE card texture, anyway. So regardless, this has to be something more or less standalone, like the Zombie Hero Abilities thing. I've poked around the forums here and on BGG a bit and found some nice custom things, but mostly they are Heroes or items that wouldn't match the existing cards. So I'm wondering if any of y'all either know of some existing 1-16 card LNOE variant that would be worth having cards for, or if you might have suggestions for what could be created.

Some vague ideas off the top of my head...

16 cards: Cards for the Heroes Probably the most obvious fit would be something specific to each Hero, since there are 16 of them.

15-16 cards: Building Cards The side boards from the base game include 15 different buildings, so maybe there could be some kind of special thing for each building. Or maybe, including the two side boards from Growing Hunger, there could be 2 cards per side board to equal 16 cards. I'm not sure what this might entail, perhaps a more specific Pick Up kind of thing (e.g. in the Gym you can Pick Up the baseball bat or Coach Parker or T-Bone) or some kind of encounter a la Arkham Horror's location encounters (e.g. at the Hospital you can heal a Wound).

9 cards: Townsfolk Cards Okay, there are already Townsfolk cards, but I don't know... some kind of other thing that goes along with them, maybe?

12+ cards: Scenario Cards Between the base game, GH and SOTF there are 12 scenarios (and of course others with the Hero Pack and supplements and web scenarios). Maybe there could be some kind of additional thing for each one.

16 cards: Sun Track Cards A deck of cards that is drawn from at the beginning of each turn, each with a different effect... some could benefit the Zombies for that turn, some the Heroes, and some might have a general effect that lasts for that turn. For example, one card could be something like: "HEAVY RAIN: Heroes -1 movement. If Heavy Rain is already in play, then DOWNPOUR: Heroes -2 movement."

1=16 cards: Any other ideas??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2010, 06:00 PM
RE: Need 10-16 custom cards made. Any ideas?
The suntrack and building cards would be really interesting as SOTF style new decks. The building deck would have to be generic enough to not infringe on the Building Pick-Up powers.

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
03-03-2010, 06:14 PM
These decks, like the zombie hero ones, were not meant to be "drawn", but used when appropriate, am I correct? In such a case, buildings would be a good "neutral" or "good for the heroes" deck to complement it nicely.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2010, 06:54 PM
what about:

- outdoor events/items: to be drawn when outside a building by rolling +4?

Inside this "deck" you can put townsfolk who work in the outsides: gardener, mailman...

and some items that can be found on the grass/outdoors: a rock?

If it doesn't seem you a good idea, I'll stick with the "cards for the heroes" or building ones.
03-04-2010, 02:50 AM
Lyude Wrote:what about:

- outdoor events/items: to be drawn when outside a building by rolling +4?

Inside this "deck" you can put townsfolk who work in the outsides: gardener, mailman...

and some items that can be found on the grass/outdoors: a rock?

If it doesn't seem you a good idea, I'll stick with the "cards for the heroes" or building ones.

I like the idea of an Outside Deck. That's a good possibility.

The idea from before that kind of stayed with me was the Sun Track Deck... so I'm going to start a new thread with the notes I have for that so far.
03-04-2010, 03:03 AM
Patient Zero Wrote:The building deck would have to be generic enough to not infringe on the Building Pick-Up powers.

Well yeah, that's what I was thinking... I think they could work somewhat like locations in Arkham Horror, or even in A Touch of Evil, where certain buildings provide specific encounters or abilities. The cards would just be set next to each building as a reference for that.

One example could be: "HOSPITAL: Spend 3 Movement Points to Heal one Wound." To me, Movement Points sort of represent speed and agility, and also time, energy and focus... especially now with 5+ on Movement giving you Survival Tactics or Unique Items. So I'm thinking that perhaps Movement Points could be used as sort of a commodity for enacting the special abilities of buildings. So if you were in the doorway outside of the Hospital and rolled a 4, you could spend 1 Movement Point to move in to the Hospital and then 3 Movement Points to Heal a Wound. Another example could be "CHURCH: Spend 3 Movement Points to bless another Hero, giving them an extra Fight Dice until the end of the turn." So that would function as sort of an ad hoc Faith card.

Ah heck, this is going to need it's own thread now, too. Zombie14P