Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need some in put!!!
09-03-2009, 02:22 AM
Need some in put!!!
Hey people and deadthings,
I am currently working on some custom stuff for my game play.
Namely a couple of police cars in 1:44 scale/1:43
Now I am not overly familiar with American police departments/sheriff departments.At least I think they are supposed to be American?
Anyway I am wondering what the correct lettering on the side of a woodinvale police car would be?
The police department is comprised of a sheriff and a deputy so does that mean the lettering on the car would be sheriff's department?
As in ; WSD (woodinvale sheriff's department)
Or ; WPD (woodinvale police department)
Would the back of the car say sheriff or police?
Same for the building?
Now I could just take some artistic liberty and do whatever as nobody ever said where exactly woodinvale is.

For all I know it may be based in Canada???...LOL
I would just like it to look as realistic as I can.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2009, 02:31 AM
RE: Need some in put!!!
This is the color sceme I have chosen and am trying to duplicate.
I am doing one modern version as shown and one old school 49 ford.
the modern version has opening doors.

[Image: SheriffCar1-1.jpg]
09-03-2009, 04:19 AM
Well, I can tell you that there's a "Woodinville" just to the north of Flying Frog's home offices, in King County, just northeast of Seattle. But it's not quite as small a town as Woodinvale is supposed to be.
09-03-2009, 12:46 PM
The cops in LNOE's Woodinvale would probably drive an SUV, being remote and rural as it is.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Well the Sheriffs in my town, the city of Walnut, are technically "Los Angeles County" Sheriffs. Typically larger cities can afford their own Police Department.

Woodinvale has the small town feel to it, so I'd imagine they employ the county's sheriffs (ergo Sheriff Anderson).

As such, instead of making things up you could simply put Sheriff on the side of the patrol car, or Woodinvale Sheriff.

gavindowning did cleverly point out that there is a Woodinville nearby FFP which employs King's County Sheriffs.
09-03-2009, 08:26 PM
WELL...being from small towns myself....

If the town was large enough to have it's own Police Department, those police would have jurisdiction.

If it wasn't large enough, there would be a county Sheriff and that office would have jurisdiction.

If it were in the county seat (usually the biggest town in the county) there would be both.

Long story short, I would go with the Woodinvale Sherriff's Department.

Though, technically, it would most likely be the Woodinvale Police Department, and then whatever the county's name for the Sheriff Department...(using the example above) the KING County Sheriff's Department.

Zalgo....he comes.
09-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Okay,I looked up the king county sheriff deparment to check out their cars.They are white with a green stripe down the side.
They are also marked sheriff down the side.So that answers that question.
I think I will stick with the black and white color scheme I already have though.
I like the idea of an suv for them however I have no suv in either 1:43 or 1:44 scale;so that's out the window for now.

Thanks for the input guys.Hope to have siome pics up by end of the week.
09-04-2009, 01:34 AM
Besides, who needs a cop car when you don't even have roads in town? Zombie03
09-04-2009, 10:08 AM
mqstout Wrote:Besides, who needs a cop car when you don't even have roads in town? Zombie03

Ah,ha...Excellent point!!!
I am working on a custom home scenario similar to escape in the truck only this will have a police car(note not the same as).
I am also building my own 3-d town so it will have some road work and a cop car outside building.
09-14-2009, 11:12 PM
I've been lurking here for a while... just reading up on most of the old threads. I've decided to make my first post here. Zombie03

It would be interesting to have another 'L' tile (yes, I saw the contest) where sheriff Anderson starts off in the police car. Or have it placed on a random tile (splitting each 'L' in 1/2, as opposed to splitting by locations, after the initial roll). You could also have him start with the pump shotgun since he came in his car... or keys... (pump shotty may be a bit OP). Gather gas, 2 or 3 survivors, and two townsfolk or some such... Sherrif Anderson MUST survive!! Zombie03

OR

Since he DOES have the 'town secret', some of those other handy tokens that FPP has provided us with could be used. Again, he should have to survive... Must find either the father or rosaries, faith, and the book (token located randomly or in the manor perhaps). Like a religious burn 'em out... Zombie03

Good luck on the car BTW!