Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New FFP game announced - Dark Gothic
02-01-2014, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2014 04:58 PM by alderdust.)
RE: New FFP game announced - Dark Gothic
A deck builder is a game where all players start with the same cards and you play some sort of cost (normally a resource value) to recruit cards into your deck as the game continues your cards allow for higher damage and buying higher card costs. Look at Legendary and the DC deck building game.

Normally these games are not money pits because it's not like a living card game that keeps coming out with more sets you have to buy, occasionally they do have expansions that add cards. The glory of a deck builder is your deck will be different every single game, unlike the CCG or LCG.

Look into Dominion too it's the most commonly played Deck Builder
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2014, 10:22 PM
(08-15-2013 04:49 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  Deck builder...Insane19

Unless it's useable w/ ATOE I'll be passing. Insane19

interesting.. i need to see more before getting too interested.
02-08-2014, 04:15 PM
...waiting....kinda cold waiting by the mailbox for the last several days...some nice people are dropping off sandwiches.

02-28-2014, 07:48 PM
cricket....cricket...

...anyone heard anything on this??

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
02-28-2014, 09:22 PM
They just posted to their Facebook page:

People have been asking about the release date for our upcoming Deck Building Game, Dark Gothic. Originally, we had estimated a February release. Unfortunately, a few key dates slipped due to the manufacturing schedule bumping up against Chinese New Year and our desire for only the highest quality components. Specifically, Dark Gothic is our first game to include a custom six-sided die (the Omen Die) and we wanted to be sure that it was great! The good news is that we are working with dice experts in Europe to create the Custom Omen Die for Dark Gothic.

We do not yet have a specific release date, but it will be arriving in the Spring. We can assure you that everyone who pre-ordered Dark Gothic at Gen Con, PAX, or on our Flying Frog Web Store, will still be getting their copies weeks before it hits store shelves. The game is fast and fun, and we are very excited to get it in the hands of our fellow gamers. It will be worth the wait! Stay tuned for more info.
02-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Thank you for that. I didn't see it on FB.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
02-28-2014, 10:09 PM
custom dice.. nice. Watchmen02
03-25-2014, 08:31 PM
(02-28-2014 09:22 PM)stubobj Wrote:  ...We do not yet have a specific release date, but it will be arriving in the Spring...

Well, its officially Spring, has anyone got a copy of this yet?
03-27-2014, 05:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2014 05:04 AM by ForestRunner.)
(03-25-2014 08:31 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Well, its officially Spring, has anyone got a copy of this yet?

Spring does span 3 months of the year, and I'm 99% sure someone would've posted by now if they'd received it.

PS I hate "seasonal" advertising for global distribution/timeframes. There are two hemisphere's on the planet, which may come as a shock to some, and it's Autumn where I am. Insane21

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
03-27-2014, 09:35 AM
(03-27-2014 05:03 AM)ForestRunner Wrote:  
(03-25-2014 08:31 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Well, its officially Spring, has anyone got a copy of this yet?

Spring does span 3 months of the year, and I'm 99% sure someone would've posted by now if they'd received it.

PS I hate "seasonal" advertising for global distribution/timeframes. There are two hemisphere's on the planet, which may come as a shock to some, and it's Autumn where I am. Insane21

Oz? NZ?