Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Game Designer
11-10-2011, 08:30 PM
New Game Designer
My name is Carl Olson. I'm an aspiring writer and game designer. My current project is Zombie Roller Derby. Please check out the website for more information.

We're currently looking for play testers for the game. It's available through Google Docs as a Print-and-Play version; the board requires specific print formatting, but all the other components can be printed on a home computer. Please contact me at ozymandias.olson@gmail.com if you're interested in testing it.

[Image: zombies2.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2011, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2011 08:52 PM by Old Dwarf.)
RE: New Game Designer
Welcome Carl

"Zombie Roller Derby

Zombie Roller Derby is set in a post-apocalyptic, zombie-infested world. The war took its toll on society, and left the masses without much in the way of entertainment. A couple years ago, enterprising individuals captured some zombies and trained them to compete in roller derby tournaments. The sport has since grown into a national pastime; people just can’t seem to get enough of zombies on roller skates, beating each other into bloody pulp.

ZRD is a board game for 2 to 6 players. Each player controls a team of zombies. The goal of the game is to race the zombies around the track. Points are earned by “lapping” opponents. Since the roller skaters are zombies, there are no rules against violence; in fact, it’s the main draw for spectators. Zombies can punch, claw, kick and bite each other as they race. The game even takes the crowd into account: whenever a penalty is scored, there’s a chance that the crowd reacts by throwing Molotov cocktails, shooting the zombies, or breaking through the fence and spilling onto the track."

Probably some Zedheads here will want to check this out.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-11-2011, 06:45 AM
Sound like fun. Any minis planned?
11-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the repost, Dwarf. I probably shoulda included it the first time...

We want miniatures. We want them bad. Our first play test sessions used the minis from Zombies! (the female figures), which are about the right size. But there's an issue from a cost standpoint: miniatures are just more expensive than tokens or paper stand-ups. The good news is, if we can't get enough capital to pay for minis, we'll at least have awesome art that we can use for the play pieces.

Then again, we might be surprised. We're working on the details for a Kickstarter campaign, and if we get enough support, we'll have extra money that can go toward miniatures. Which would be awesome!
11-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi Ozymondias! Welcome to thezombiegame.com!

Ive send you an email already, but gets a funny reply about joining your guestlist.

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]