Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Guy Here
03-18-2019, 03:06 AM
Big Grin New Guy Here
Hey Everybody!

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I'm pretty new to. . .I don't even know how you categorize it. . .good board games? I played loads, when I was a kid, but before pretty recently, the best board game I had ever played was Risk (although. . .I do love me some Risk).

My wife and I decided to start playing board games as a new hobby. We have an infant and a toddler, so any time to do anything other than being screamed at by violent lunatics is pretty awesome. We were a few games in, when we heard about LNOE; the 10th anniversary edition was a prize at Thwack last month, which. . .fun fact. . .is the only other forum I think I've ever actually posted to. We've played a handful of times and have had a blast. I kind of wish I had a CD player, so we could get the full experience.

We've spent time here each time we've played to clarify rules, so I really appreciate everyone's contribution and wanted to share that, while you may have posted some random question or answer years ago, they might still be coming in handy for novice players today.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2019, 11:12 AM
RE: New Guy Here
Welcome aboard TZG if you ever have a rules question on LNoE you can't find in
an old post feel free to post it up. Do you have any of the LNoE Expansions or other
Flying Frog Games?

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-20-2019, 02:11 PM
Welcome! Its always nice to see new people getting excited about LNoE, since its one of my all time favourites!
Come one in, take a seat, and don't mind the noises from the basement.
03-21-2019, 01:42 AM
(03-20-2019 11:12 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Welcome aboard TZG if you ever have a rules question on LNoE you can't find in
an old post feel free to post it up. Do you have any of the LNoE Expansions or other
Flying Frog Games?

OD

I appreciate it! Yeah, we actually picked up a bundle on ebay for $50 that included the below. I was initially skeptical but used the Flying Frog wiki and pictures of the cut-out boards to audit everything, and I'm just missing a single "Boost" token from one of the expansions, so I feel pretty good about the purchase (I can't recall which one had those).

Storage space quickly became a concern. I saw a previous thread where someone had condensed most of it into one of those hobby lobby boxes, so I just ordered one of those in an attempt to recover some closet space. Watchmen02

-Base Game
-Survival of the Fittest
-Growing Hunger
-Timber Peak
-Radioactive Grave Dead
-Zombie Pillage
-Stock Up
-Revenge of the Dead
-Radioactive Grave Dead with Grave Weapons
-Advanced Abilities
-Hero Pack 1
-Zombies with Grave Weapons Miniature Set

I haven't tried any of their other games. What's your preference? We're really liking cooperative games, so feel free to bump those up on your list. Watchmen02
03-21-2019, 01:46 AM
(03-20-2019 02:11 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Welcome! Its always nice to see new people getting excited about LNoE, since its one of my all time favourites!
Come one in, take a seat, and don't mind the noises from the basement.

HAHA. . .I'll just integrate the noises into the experience.
03-21-2019, 03:15 AM
Jeesiss- My go to FFP Game is A Touch of Evil & its Expansions, it can be co-op, Solo or competitive.
I also have Fortune & Glory plus the hot mess that is Shadows of Brimstone.

What I like about these games is that you play against the Game System so no one has to play
the Villain.

OD

PS that was a great deal on the LNoE stuff.

03-21-2019, 08:49 PM
Welcome aboard. This still remains my all time favorite game, personally. This message board has gotten pretty slow lately, but there are still a lot of threads from over the years that can probably answer almost any question you have. If not, some of us still pop in from time to time, so feel free to add a new thread. :-)
03-22-2019, 08:48 PM
(03-21-2019 03:15 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Jeesiss- My go to FFP Game is A Touch of Evil & its Expansions, it can be co-op, Solo or competitive.
I also have Fortune & Glory plus the hot mess that is Shadows of Brimstone.

What I like about these games is that you play against the Game System so no one has to play
the Villain.

OD

PS that was a great deal on the LNoE stuff.

Can you play LNoE cooperatively without a zombie player? I'd definitely like to give that a try. I appreciate the recommendations, too. I'm going to check out some videos.

(03-21-2019 08:49 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Welcome aboard. This still remains my all time favorite game, personally. This message board has gotten pretty slow lately, but there are still a lot of threads from over the years that can probably answer almost any question you have. If not, some of us still pop in from time to time, so feel free to add a new thread. :-)

Thanks StayPuft! Yeah, it seems like a ton of knowledge and useful stuff out here for reference, if nothing else. Based on results of the "Recent" queries you can run against the forum, I thought I might have missed it at the height of it's popularity, but I'm used to being separate from the crowd.

I'm also part of what I'd imagine to be a pretty limited group of folks who harbor ill feelings towards Bill Murray for denying me GB3 since childhood (when I heard about the "In Hell" script that was floating around). Zombie03
03-22-2019, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2019 10:08 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Jeesiss- I don't there are any official rules for Hero vs a Zombie AI
I could be wrong as I sold off my LNoE stuff several years ago so I
haven't kept up with the bewer Expansions.

I found this in our LNoE Variants Forum: Which might be somewhat like your looking for.

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...er-Mission

OD

03-22-2019, 11:34 PM
(03-22-2019 10:07 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Jeesiss- I don't there are any official rules for Hero vs a Zombie AI
I could be wrong as I sold off my LNoE stuff several years ago so I
haven't kept up with the bewer Expansions.

I found this in our LNoE Variants Forum: Which might be somewhat like your looking for.

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...er-Mission

OD

Fantastic! And tonight is game night! Thanks, OD.