Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Map explanation
10-22-2009, 03:10 AM
New Map explanation
It is kind of hard to tell from the image, and it is not in correct proportions (in the end it will be 1½”x 1½”, but this is a very basic idea for the map. The top left is the ground floor and the bottom right is the roof. The other four are random floors that may or may not be used. The black outlines are for the rooms. I couldn’t put in doors due to it being an excel spreadsheet. The red up squares are the steps up to the next floor and the blue down are steps down to the previous floor. The purple lines simply show where each square is. The reason there are two sets of stairs and that the up doesn’t match up with the down are that the stairs are like a U shape and there are two sets of stairs. This allows to block the up stair and not the down stairs at the same time.

.doc  example_of_maps.doc (Size: 42 KB / Downloads: 103)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2009, 06:52 AM
RE: New Map explanation
I've been thinking on making a multi-floor building and have been playing with excel. You can actually make how you want the floors to look (colors, decor, etc.) on paint or any other program, save it, then upload it as a background on excel. From there, size the grid and darken all the lines.
11-04-2009, 05:36 AM
RE: New Map explanation
Vladd37 Wrote:I've been thinking on making a multi-floor building and have been playing with excel. You can actually make how you want the floors to look (colors, decor, etc.) on paint or any other program, save it, then upload it as a background on excel. From there, size the grid and darken all the lines.

I have done the basic layout using excel then my fiancee is goingto hand draw the floors. i hope to have them up before xmas. currently the buildings that we are working on are: courthouse/town hall, office building, power pant, community college building, and hospital. each one will have a ground floor and roof top then 5 additional levels that can be mix and matched to fit scenarios. I am also working on 2-3 heros per building as well as cards. the cards are the trickiest because they cant duplicate what is already there.
Find all posts by this user