Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Monster: Fleshmaw
04-23-2015, 04:55 PM
New Monster: Fleshmaw
I haven't had a chance to fully playtest these yet; they're designed to be roughly as difficult as a Night Terror or a Slasher. Opinions are welcome.

Suggested miniature: Faceless Horror from Bones

Crawling from the Void is the Fleshmaw, a foul mound of flesh, eyes, and teeth. The Fleshmaws seem to seek only to consume the living, but they appear to be intelligent, and they have been known to set aside their hunger from time to time, working alongside other creatures, perhaps as part of a plan to gain access to additional meals. Or perhaps they seek something else: their motives and goals are impossible to read. Even those who are able to outrun or escape the gnashing maw of the Fleshmaw find their sanity slipping away. The very existence of such a creature is an affront to the concept of an ordered universe; survivors of Fleshmaw attacks are often driven mad.

Accompanied by discordant gibberings and chuckles, the Fleshmaw seeks out the living to consume them whole. The only other warning of a Fleshmaw's presence is a foul stench, a smell like rotting meat and other bodily humors. Some have theorized that those consumed by the Fleshmaw do not die, but horrifically join with the terrifying creature, adding their eyes to the Fleshmaw's bulk, and adding their now-mad voices to the cacophony of the Fleshmaw's song.

Low Threat card: 1 Fleshmaw
Medium Threat card: 1 Fleshmaw + 1 Low Threat card
Medium Threat card: D3 Fleshmaws
High Threat Card: 1 Fleshmaw + 1 Medium Threat card
High Threat Card: 3 Fleshmaws
Epic Threat: D3 Fleshmaws + 2 Threat cards

[Image: 201752_800.jpg] [Image: 202167_800.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2015, 04:59 PM
RE: New Monster: Fleshmaw
Great Miniature for this Monster-alas I noticed the Link says 0 in stock.
Looks like you would need a high Level Party to take on this thing.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
04-28-2015, 01:36 AM
RE: New Monster: Fleshmaw
Hopefully they'll get more in stock soon. They seem to keep most of the Bones line in stock.

Do you think it's significantly more dangerous than a Night Terror? I was aiming for something about that tough.