Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Personal Items
06-28-2011, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2011 11:31 PM by Rosacarnis.)
New Personal Items
I do not know if it's a valid idea or already existing. I thought a series of powerful items usable only by a particular heroes... I made one for Johnny like example. May be interesting or crappy?

[Image: pic369945lg.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2011, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2011 09:49 AM by Rosacarnis.)
RE: New Personal Items
...one for Jenny

[Image: pic369945lg.jpg]
...Billy

[Image: pic369945lgcopiacopia.jpg]
06-29-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm very impressed with the format of these cards they really do look great. These could be used as Unique Items which appear in SoTF expansion.

Here's some constructive critism. I wouldn't have them in the Hero draw deck as the chances of that Hero getting their own item is negligable. I would have them in the Unique Item deck and have the card usable to any Hero who finds it.

Another point is they're way powerful. I suggest you bring them down a notch.

Johnny's Football Helmet could prevent wounds on 5-6 breaks on 4+ (this is still really powerful)

Lucky Horseshoe if a Hero gets a 6+ in a building for movement the Hero may choose to draw an extra Hero card when searching (this doesn't apply to Survival Tactics or Unique Items decks).

Track Shoes May add +1 to the movement roll.

Sorry to be a text naziZombie20 Lucky Horseshoe should be to draw two Hero cards.

On the Play Immediately part it should read .. if drawn by a Hero who is not_____ . Draw another Hero card.

Thank you for posting these I really like them and I would use them if toned down a bit otherwise Johnny would be nearly indestructable, Billy would be uncatchable and Jenny would be a scenario seach item God (like Jake!)
06-29-2011, 01:45 PM
(06-29-2011 12:24 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I'm very impressed with the format of these cards they really do look great. These could be used as Unique Items which appear in SoTF expansion.

Here's some constructive critism. I wouldn't have them in the Hero draw deck as the chances of that Hero getting their own item is negligable. I would have them in the Unique Item deck and have the card usable to any Hero who finds it.

Another point is they're way powerful. I suggest you bring them down a notch.

Johnny's Football Helmet could prevent wounds on 5-6 breaks on 4+ (this is still really powerful)

Lucky Horseshoe if a Hero gets a 6+ in a building for movement the Hero may choose to draw an extra Hero card when searching (this doesn't apply to Survival Tactics or Unique Items decks).

Track Shoes May add +1 to the movement roll.

Sorry to be a text naziZombie20 Lucky Horseshoe should be to draw two Hero cards.

On the Play Immediately part it should read .. if drawn by a Hero who is not_____ . Draw another Hero card.

Thank you for posting these I really like them and I would use them if toned down a bit otherwise Johnny would be nearly indestructable, Billy would be uncatchable and Jenny would be a scenario seach item God (like Jake!)

They are super powerful (for this the probability of being draw and use is so low... right now would have a chance every three or four games to be played) So I think you're right to nerf it and raise the drop rate. Thx!
06-29-2011, 03:42 PM
I definitely agree with Trev's points. I'd also suggest considering giving the zombies some cards to balance these out... if you're putting them in Unique Items, as Trev suggests, maybe some new Grave Weapons. If you're keeping it as-is, maybe a zombie card or two that can only be used by a zombie hero (but any zombie hero), which might keep the same feel you're going for.
06-29-2011, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2011 10:50 PM by mqstout.)
In addition to ST's comments:

"Play immediately" doesn't really work on Items, because all items are inherently played attached to the hero that whose turn drew them.

Great idea. Fix some of the execution problems. Might I suggest a wording of something like:
"Discard this to draw a Hero Card. Or, if hero is X, do Foo instead." and make them all powerful one-use items.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-29-2011, 09:31 PM
if you wanted to keep the personal feel to them you could make them a little better for the person they belong to, like if the helmet breaks on 3+ then for johnny it could break on 4+, and that would make it fit in with most unique items even better.

Can't save the world??... then prepare for its end.
06-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Many ideas! thanks to all! if I take something from everyone, can be an new expansion really nice!
06-30-2011, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2011 07:19 AM by vikinglad.)
(06-29-2011 09:31 PM)JMun233 Wrote:  if you wanted to keep the personal feel to them you could make them a little better for the person they belong to, like if the helmet breaks on 3+ then for johnny it could break on 4+, and that would make it fit in with most unique items even better.

Love it. I like the idea of a hero-specific bonus to the item better. Then it may be useful to try to exchange it to them, but you could also choose to keep it for yourself.

Rosacarnis, great idea on these. I like the layout and the pics you chose. Cool idea, too.