Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Handgun
08-29-2012, 05:46 PM
RE: Zombie Handgun
That should be added as a Zombie Card or a Grave Weapon....

It feels morelike a Grave Weapon
The way it is doesn't make much sense...

and as a gimme gimme hero player....
i would call for a proper Survival Tatics and Unique Item cards =)

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2012, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2012 06:45 PM by Ogthar.)
I like the card and think it could work well, but my first thought would be to make it an event instead of an item. The way it is now a Z can take aim at a particular hero, with the very low hit rate showing how a Z is still mindless.

What if instead it was truly mindless and was something more like a Z finding a gun and firing it in random directions. I don't have wording or numbers other than off the top of my head but something like . . .

1) Zombie Player plays the card on a Z of their choosing
2) Every figure in range of that Z (including itself) is given a random order (not sure how to do this quickly for an arbitrary number of figures without a computer)
3) Each figure is shot at in that order with the gun hitting on a 4+ and out of ammo on a roll of 1
4) if the Z takes a wound or out of ammo is rolled it would stop immediately, otherwise it would cycle through all the figures once

This probably would need the numbers changed a lot, but it could also be adapted for if a hero is turned into a zombie hero while having a gun item.

I like the original card, but I think this would take the idea of the card, but keep it more in line with the theme of the game.
I guess solving the problem in step 2 isn't that hard, just could be time consuming for a lot of figures. Just roll a die for each figure and go from low to high and have ties broken by additional rolls.
08-29-2012, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2012 08:03 PM by StayPuft.)
(08-29-2012 12:45 AM)beforetheyattack Wrote:  http://youtu.be/ShPsD2kKUeg

This specific zombie, Bub from Day of the Dead, remembers how to use a gun after coaching/training.
Obviously, this card is not for everyone, but I like the idea of the Heroes having to deal with the added threat of a single zombie taking pot shots at them, which are very unlikely to hit, but probably unnerving all the same.

This is exactly why I like the card, and why I can see giving it a pass. I think it is cool, and adds a neat touch to the horror feel. I like it because I can imagine this having a feel of "as if zombies weren't already bad enough..."

I do kind of shy away from the idea of the zombies actually being able to LEARN anything, though. I like to think of zombies as completely base and mindless. Hence why I more so describe it in my view as a zombie lucking out in happening to pick up a weapon, and lucking out if/when they actually happen to successfully use it (not necessarily knowing what they were doing).

(08-29-2012 06:43 PM)Ogthar Wrote:  I like the card and think it could work well, but my first thought would be to make it an event instead of an item. The way it is now a Z can take aim at a particular hero, with the very low hit rate showing how a Z is still mindless.

What if instead it was truly mindless and was something more like a Z finding a gun and firing it in random directions. I don't have wording or numbers other than off the top of my head but something like . . .

1) Zombie Player plays the card on a Z of their choosing
2) Every figure in range of that Z (including itself) is given a random order (not sure how to do this quickly for an arbitrary number of figures without a computer)
3) Each figure is shot at in that order with the gun hitting on a 4+ and out of ammo on a roll of 1
4) if the Z takes a wound or out of ammo is rolled it would stop immediately, otherwise it would cycle through all the figures once

This probably would need the numbers changed a lot, but it could also be adapted for if a hero is turned into a zombie hero while having a gun item.

I like the original card, but I think this would take the idea of the card, but keep it more in line with the theme of the game.
I guess solving the problem in step 2 isn't that hard, just could be time consuming for a lot of figures. Just roll a die for each figure and go from low to high and have ties broken by additional rolls.

Actually, that is kind of a cool idea. I could see that too. It does seem a bit complicated at first, but once you get used to the game, some of the more complicated things can be some of the most fun. For example, dynamite. I'm sure many of us didn't ever bother to use dynamite for a while because the rules are kind of confusing/complicated at first. But, once you are comfortable enough with the game to experiment, blowing up a whole bunch of zombies with dynamite is AWESOME! LOL!
09-05-2012, 03:43 PM
This gave me an idea for an add on deck:

Memories of life.

You could have ten cards of things Zombies could remember from being alive, and use them like a survivor tactics deck. Maybe roll a D6 and on a 6 you can draw one instead of your normal zombie cards, or draw one instead of two zombie cards, whatever is more balanced. Either way when used up they should be gone.

Some ideas:

Zombie Handgun: (love Ogthar's idea)
Lock doors: Play when a zombie goes through a doorway to place a locked door tile on that doorway; alternate possibility: sacrifice a zombie inside a building to place locked door tiles on every door in that building.
Sabotage: Zombie in a building with a pick up option that names an item can use that pick up and remove item from game. (find a gun or med-kit and break it)
Hand weapon: When about to fight a hero: choose three hand weapons (or as many as there are) from the Hero discard pile, Hero you are fighting then chooses one at random. Zombie gets that weapon's bonus for the fight.
Demolition: When a Zombie rolls successfully to move through a barricade, play this card to forfeit that move and destroy the Barricade instead. -OR- Play to allow Zombies to destroy a building (Zombie Apocalypse style).
09-05-2012, 09:13 PM
(08-25-2012 07:59 PM)beforetheyattack Wrote:  May or may not work well, but wanted to give it a try.

really like the card although i would seems im near enuff always the zombie player and yet again phantaskippy you come up with some cool ideas.
10-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Naaasty Watchmen02 thanks !