Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Scenario - Survive The Horde
10-13-2011, 04:02 PM
New Scenario - Survive The Horde
I made this one up on the fly last night at my weekly session. It may need tweaking, but it was fun as hell. Basically ever since I bought some purple and black zombie minis from the Flying Frog website I wanted to just go crazy and use them all, so we did :-)

Quote:Survive The Horde - 15 turns

Zombie Horde 35 (yes you read that right), Zombies Autospawn = 16 points for zombies

Starting Hero Cards 5, Survival Decks, Heroes Replenish, Well Stocked Buildings, Free Search Markers, Barricades = 16 points for humans

The scenario is simple. Setup the board as normal. Zombies must kill 4 Heroes before dawn.

We played it and it was PURE CARNAGE. Humans barricaded up in the Gun Shop with some hunting rifles and pump shotguns, and that held the zombies up for a while. Zombies managed to overrun the barricades and kill one hero. I think we set a record for number of zombies killed with one shotgun blast at 14. The surviving heroes narrowly escaped the remaining dozen or so zombies through the sewers to the Plant (which had a First Aid stockpile on it). Then we used the Sam/First Aid Kit combo to keep the barricades up long enough to run the timer out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2011, 06:34 PM
RE: New Scenario - Survive The Horde
That sounds really fun, simple yet effective

Now all i need is 35 zombies
10-13-2011, 06:36 PM
I really enjoy scenarios that are just simply killing zombies or defending a point. A lot better than having to spend half the game searching.
10-13-2011, 07:06 PM
(10-13-2011 06:34 PM)Simon Pegg Wrote:  That sounds really fun, simple yet effective

Now all i need is 35 zombies

In a pinch, just use any old counter. I admit though it's not quite as fun though when you move pennies around the board while making zombie noises.
10-13-2011, 08:23 PM
(10-13-2011 06:36 PM)brackenr0211 Wrote:  I really enjoy scenarios that are just simply killing zombies or defending a point. A lot better than having to spend half the game searching.

CHURCH !!!

hmmm guess i should explain that....well I could have said I agree, or amen, as a form of agreement. but me and my friends just say Church when in agreement. We also say "soup sandwich" Insane20 im weird ok ?!?

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
10-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Hi Mechanik. So....I was so amazed at your simple Killing Spree fun scenario idea. I sort of expanded on it. 35 Zombies, I cant wait !

I created a scenario called Taking Back Woodinvale, using the 35 Zombie Idea.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
10-20-2011, 03:40 PM
I'll take a look.
10-28-2011, 05:31 PM
After some playtesting we are going to modify it a bit. Basically, the Heroes were rather overpowered. Seeing how FFP revamped Hero Starting Cards in Survival of The Fittest, we modified the scenario to use those rules instead.

Quote:Survive The Horde - 18 turns

Zombie Horde 35 (yes you read that right), Zombies Autospawn = 16 points for zombies

Starting Hero Cards 4, Survival Decks, Heroes Replenish, Free Search Markers, Barricades = 16 points for humans

The scenario is simple. Setup the board as normal. Zombies must kill 4 Heroes before dawn.

Depending on further playtesting we may or may not reduce the Zombie victory condition to killing 2 heroes.
05-02-2012, 01:01 AM
I really like this scenario to the point that I made a snazzy scenario card for it.
[Image: Survive_the_Horde.jpg]
05-02-2012, 01:06 AM
How are you guys finding the balance? We haven't played much lately so I haven't playtested this further.