Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Scenerio: Kill the Zombie Lord
04-20-2009, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2009 11:51 PM by zenmazster.)
New Scenerio: Kill the Zombie Lord
Inspired/in the same vein as finding the 'brain bug' in starship troopers as well as main villain in Slither.

(1) place the 1-6 counters face down in random buildings. Roll a D6. The location of the Zombie Lord is in the building with the rolled number.

(2) Important: The zombie player should be aware of where the Zombie Lord is at all times (peeking under numbers when placed). Reason for this may be to strategically align zombies to protect the lord if necessary, but careful not to give away location.

(3) When a player enters a building (with a number) for the first time, they roll a D6: (PLEASE NOTE DOES NOT REQUIRE SEARCH ACTION)
1-4: the number is reveled and a zombie from the zombie pool immedietly enters your space. Surprise attack! If no zombies in pool ignore this.
5-6: reveal the number
NOTE: If the rolled number is revealed, then the rest of the numbers are removed from the board, and the ZOMBIE LORD is placed anywhere in the room not on the same square as the hero. (The ZOMBIE LORD should be represented by another figure altogether, be creative, or a hero figure). Place the skull counter underneath the Zombie Lord.

(4) ZOMBIE LORD:
-Has 5 wounds total
-cannot leave his original space
-does not count towards 14 max zombie limit
-has plague spitting (range of 1),
-CANNOT spit through walls or windows
-can regenerate blood zombies (BZ) when in same space.*
-once ZOMBIE LORD is defeated, it will drop a skull. The heroes need to grab the skull and make it to the truck.
-*EDIT*: Any time the Zombie Lord is killed/wounded by a 'destroy zombie' card or action, roll a D6. On a 1-4 roll, the ZL is wounded. On a 5-6 roll, ZL is indeed destroyed.

(5) BLOOD ZOMBIES:
-can be placed in lieu of two regular zombies.
-have D3 movement and 2 wound boxes.
-can heal a wound by being in same space as zombie master
-bloodlust of 2 (must attack a hero within 2 spaces)
-once killed BZ's are removed from the game

(6) HEROES win if they can obtain the ZOMBIE LORD skull and make it back to the truck.
Zombies win if they can prevent this in less than 19 hours, or by killing 3 heroes.

(7) players can take a random character and 2 hero cards from top of deck, or may pick their character with no random hero cards.

notes: after playtesting, few notes:

a) Since I always play the zombies, and love Blood Zombies, I usually throw them out quickly, but in this case, they were all killed before the zombie lord was revealed. So a good strategy I suppose would be to wait until he's revealed, or time it a few rounds before if possible.

In our game, the hero's found the ZL in the 5th out of 6 building. And they only lost because the 19 rounds were up, VERY VERY close and very balanced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2009, 11:48 AM
RE: New Scenerio: Kill the Zombie Lord
Nice job-CITIZEN.

I love random track down Scenarios like this.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
04-20-2009, 02:28 PM
This sounds rather fun.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-20-2009, 02:46 PM