Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New SoB Adventure Sets KS
02-26-2019, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2019 04:58 AM by Old Dwarf.)
New SoB Adventure Sets KS
I guess SoB is FFP Great White Whale.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/103...=bggforums

"This Kickstarter features 2 brand new, stand-alone Shadows of Brimstone Adventure Sets – Gates of Valhalla and Valley of the Serpent Kings!

Norse Vikings and Spanish Conquistadors are some of history's most ambitious and cunning explorers, setting out with sailing ships on voyages
of discovery and conquest into uncharted territory. Each of these sets focuses on a new group of Explorer-themed Hero characters, venturing out
on expeditions into lands that have been tainted by Dark Stone, and journeying through fantastic gateways into alien Worlds.

Each of these sets is fully compatible with all previous Shadows of Brimstone material, but can also be played on its own as a stand-alone Adventure Set!

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2019, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2019 10:59 PM by sgiove.)
RE: New SoB Adventure Sets KS
More things to keep The Frogs from producing updates and expansions to their already established games. Been waiting patiently for more LNOE and FANG items.

How can you blame them, though, when this latest Kickstarter will likely produce another $1M in pre-orders? I'll admit, I backed SoB and have yet to unpack the items from the box I received, let alone actually play the game.
02-28-2019, 12:59 PM
(02-27-2019 10:57 PM)sgiove Wrote:  I'll admit, I backed SoB and have yet to unpack the items from the box I received, let alone actually play the game.

I got the 2 Core boxes painted up & played the game but
after awhile waiting for the rest of the Mine Cart Pledge for what seemed forever I rather lost interest.

Then the Mine Cart stuff was delivered in a jumbled mess
that just overwhelmed me. I did unpack it all & managed
to sort things out but haven't worked up the energy to
assemble the figs let alone paint them all.

I guess you can have too much stuff.

OD

02-28-2019, 06:16 PM
I've never actually seen anyone play SOB! It must be big but it's passed me and my group by. Is it any good? Certainly a money black hole.

Very disappointing that LNOE, ATOE and FANG have to take a back seat.
03-03-2019, 01:58 PM
I'ts a good Game the Wild West+ Dungeon Crawl is nicely themed and the Game scales for 1 to multiple players.
The Heroes can Level up between Games (which can be a Game within a Game) & theme wise you can run it as
a straight weird Western or bring in a variety of Other Worlds via portals.

I like the fact you can customize your encounter decks to fit the Other Worlds your using so you don't just
get a grab bag of unrelated monsters.

Like other FFP Games the rules are not difficult but they are many so you can find yourself checking a variety
of actions each turn. The Dungeon Layout generation works well but sometimes it holds up the Game as
you fumble around to match the card pictured room to the actual room tile.

What has stopped me from getting this Game on the Table since I got the entire Mine Cart Pledge delivered is
the sheer size of the thing. I like to get all the figs needed for the Game assembled & painted up before playing
but looking at everything just stunned me into inaction .

Probably my best plan is to complete the Figs that fill out the two Core Boxes & then start with each Other World
Expansion one at a time.
OD

03-04-2019, 03:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2019 03:24 AM by mqstout.)
I played my friend's copy of SoB once and did not enjoy it. I don't think he's ever tried it again either.

Unlike every other Frog game, I found it dull, uninspired, and devoid of theme.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user