Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Special Artifacts Quest
07-30-2011, 10:58 AM
New Special Artifacts Quest
Well, here they are folks
this is a first draft so if anyone can test it out or has any questions, comments or finds any typo's, let me know alright
Enjoy!!! Watchmen02

Anybody who wants a high res version of the artifacts and the rules just let me know I'll send it to you.

grts
Da Kid

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2011, 11:35 AM
RE: New Special Artifacts Quest
Nice,the MagicChain Mail seems way overpowered but NICE PIC!
Why the black & stronger Red text on the cards?
I love the Quest idea.
OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-30-2011, 01:27 PM
(07-30-2011 11:35 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Nice,the MagicChain Mail seems way overpowered but NICE PIC!
Why the black & stronger Red text on the cards?
I love the Quest idea.
OD

well the black text can be used allover the board while the red text only counts when you're are in the space where the artifact is originally from, the main idea here is that these treasures are sometimes moved from their resting place by people/treasurehunters to another location, I just thought it would be cool for the artifacts to have a little more oomphf at these location but then again, that little extra is limited to that particular space, once you leave, it's the black text that counts again.
I made these items pretty strong because it will probably take you a while to gather the clues for the artifact, there had to be some kind of
payoff for the effort I thought + there's only 1 artifact to find per game so that balances it out a little.
I haven't tested it out yet and hope that maybe some of the ATOE posse can do this to get some feedback on how it plays.
And yes, that pic is damn nice, i didn't have enough space for a tagline
but it should have read
Magic Chainmail: what it lacks in protection, it makes up in distraction

cheers OD
07-30-2011, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2011 02:45 PM by mqstout.)
Good stuff.

* Use some footnote markers other than *,**,***,****. Try either superscript numbers/letters, or maybe asterisk-dagger-dieses (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e.../Footnote)
* Typo in gauntlets ("ad" vs "add").
* Rules text #4 should move inside #3.
* Please clarify #5. Am I right that only one hero in the game can thus acquire an artifact? One hero can only have one artifact?
* For clarity, I'd make the Skull an event with Play Immediately on it.
* There might be some rules Twilight Zone for Magic Chainmail. What if you have 2 wounds on the item, and leave the location?... And immediately come back to it? This might be solved if you change the woods line to +(1 wound) at Inn to make it just add one wound instead of a different tracking line.
* These are all combat. No spirit/cunning/honor artifacts? There are things you fight with those instead of combat. There are also (of course) the blacksmith items that let you translate them into combat.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Ok-I get the Black & Red now-nice touch.
"Magic Chainmail: what it lacks in protection, it makes up in distraction"
You MUST get that tag line in somehowWatchmen02

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-31-2011, 07:52 PM
This seems like lots of fun. The cards all really look good. I bet victor looks ridiculous in the chainmail.

The only thing I would say is that moving the shadow track 3 steps toward darkness seems harsh. I haven't played it, so I can't say for sure, but three steps is kinda a lot.
08-01-2011, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2011 07:56 PM by Kiddarqo.)
(07-31-2011 07:52 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  This seems like lots of fun. The cards all really look good. I bet victor looks ridiculous in the chainmail.

The only thing I would say is that moving the shadow track 3 steps toward darkness seems harsh. I haven't played it, so I can't say for sure, but three steps is kinda a lot.

It's all about finding some balance between the artifacts and the villain, that's why I thought moving the shadow track was a good idea. The games I've played always left a lot of shadow track time left so I figured it would add some tension for the players, but like you said, it should be tested first, once I have the chance, I will and then maybe finetune it a bit, but thx for the feedback, cheers

(07-30-2011 02:41 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Good stuff.

* Use some footnote markers other than *,**,***,****. Try either superscript numbers/letters, or maybe asterisk-dagger-dieses (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e.../Footnote)
* Typo in gauntlets ("ad" vs "add").
* Rules text #4 should move inside #3.
* Please clarify #5. Am I right that only one hero in the game can thus acquire an artifact? One hero can only have one artifact?
* For clarity, I'd make the Skull an event with Play Immediately on it.
* There might be some rules Twilight Zone for Magic Chainmail. What if you have 2 wounds on the item, and leave the location?... And immediately come back to it? This might be solved if you change the woods line to +(1 wound) at Inn to make it just add one wound instead of a different tracking line.
* These are all combat. No spirit/cunning/honor artifacts? There are things you fight with those instead of combat. There are also (of course) the blacksmith items that let you translate them into combat.

thx dude,

I'll change the ad mistake this weekend and just repost the gauntlets.

For the chainmail, well lets say you have 3 wounds on it at the Inn, so then you go out of the space, changing the chainmail back to the 2 wounds, after that you go back to the Inn, what happens? that's a damn good question, I might have to re-think the chainmail, I'll see what I can come up with

For rula number five, just one artifact per game, that's it, so only one hero will acquire the artifact, it can be lost so other players can race to obtain it again.

changing the skull to an event is a good idea, I might change it like you suggested, nice one.

for the rest I'll leave it as is but thx for the input, Ill see what I can do

spirit/cunning/honor artifacts = expansion set special artifacts Zombie03