Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Villain - Shadowbrook Slasher
03-24-2013, 05:28 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2013 05:11 AM by ZombieBobUSA.)
New Villain - Shadowbrook Slasher
Behold my first attempt at a new AToE villain, The Shadowbrook Slasher!

This Villain is inspired by the Jack the Ripper mythos. Comes complete with a Basic and Advanced Minion Chart.

This is actually Version 2, which has been playtested a good bit. I have tried submitting Version 1 of the Shadowbrook Slasher to my Downloads section, but it has yet to be approved, so I don't know if it will go through. Not that you're missing much, Version 1 was regretfully submitted (maybe) with very little playtesting. This version is where it's at!

Please offer any feedback. Tell me how much you like the new villain (or how much you don't like the villain) and please feel free to ask about any rule clarifications.

Have fun and enjoy!

Attached File(s) Image(s)

.zip  Shadowbrook Slasher.zip (Size: 1.98 MB / Downloads: 16)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: New Villain - Shadowbrook Slasher
It looks very well done, I will have to give it a go.
03-25-2013, 05:45 PM
I like this a lot. Amazing how different it is from what I had pictured in a Ripper style villain, & yet how it still captures one in ways I didn't expect or think of. Good job. Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
03-26-2013, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the kind words!

One thing I found while I was flipping through the Villain cards is that The Shadowbrook Slasher and the Werewolf both share an ability called "Trail of Death" but do two completely different things. Should I change the Slasher's ability's name to something else (like Trail of Bodies, or Bodies in his Wake) or just leave it be? I also noticed that the Banshee and Spectral Horseman both have the Spectre ability, but those abilities ARE the same.

What you guys think?
03-26-2013, 01:45 PM
I actually like the sound of "Trail of Bodies". It sounds more gruesome.
03-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Trail of Bodies it is! Behold Shadowbrook Slasher version 3.0, of sorts.

Revisions: Trail of Death has been retitled as Trail of Bodies to avoid confusion between the already existing "Trail of Death" ability currently held by the Werewolf. Also the rules of Trail of Bodies have been reworded in order to make the ability easier to understand. At least I think it does.

I have included the .zip file which contains the revised Villain Character Sheet, and the existing Minion Charts.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

.zip  Shadowbrook Slasher.zip (Size: 2.15 MB / Downloads: 21)
06-17-2014, 11:02 PM
(03-26-2013 05:32 PM)ZombieBobUSA Wrote:  Trail of Bodies it is! Behold Shadowbrook Slasher version 3.0, of sorts.

Revisions: Trail of Death has been retitled as Trail of Bodies to avoid confusion between the already existing "Trail of Death" ability currently held by the Werewolf. Also the rules of Trail of Bodies have been reworded in order to make the ability easier to understand. At least I think it does.

I have included the .zip file which contains the revised Villain Character Sheet, and the existing Minion Charts.

I know this an older thread, but well done! I was kind of wondering if/when a "jack the ripper" type of villan would come around! Watchmen02