Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Villain - The Replicator
11-15-2013, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 12:53 PM by ekr3peeK.)
New Villain - The Replicator
So this is my first try for an AToE villain, hope you like it. This Villain hasn't been playtested so far, but I plan on trying it out in the weekend, either with a few friends in a coop-competitive play, or by myself if they all bail out on me:P

REPLICATOR - Version 0.7 (Many thanks to ATOEtalGeek)

Villain - Crossroad Demon - Bargainer

1 Combat
1 Wounds

BASIC ABILITY:

Mirror - At the start of each fight round, add D6 combat to the Replicator's basic combat (maximum of hero's Combat). At the start of the first fight round, add the number of the fighting hero's wounds to the Replicator's total number of wounds (in coop play, add all of the fighting heros' wounds to the Replicators total number of wounds, and DON'T MULTIPLY THE BASE WOUNDS OF THE VILLAIN BY THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS PLAYING).

ADVANCED ABILITIES -

Mimic - Whenever a hero gains an additional Health, or Skill, roll a D6. On the roll of 6, the Replicator gains one wound or one combat(Hero's choice)

Deal in Blood - A Hero can spend 4 investigation tokens at the Crossroads, to summon the Replicator, in order to make a deal with him. The Hero can ask for the following things in the deal: gain 8 investigations, gain +1 skill, or make D3 wound to another hero. After the deal, the Hero must make a Spirit test for (HONOR)+1 . If he passes the test, he gains what he desired, and the Replicator gains +1 combat, if he fails the test, he still gains what he desired, but the Replicator gains +1 combat and +1 wound.

Delusions of Grandeur - At the start of each Showdown fight round with the Replicator, the fighting hero must pass a combined Spirit and Honor test of 5+. If he fails the test, he misses his turn in the fight.

MINION CHART:

1-2 "Collecting what's mine" (Event)

Discard the top 2 cards from each Location Deck. Place a Possessed minion on the board in a Random Location for each Ally card discarded. Any Ally cards discarded in this way are removed from the game. If no Ally cards are discarded, move the Shadow Track one step closer to darkness.

Possessed (Minion -Male/Female - Demon)

Fight Dice 3
Wounds 2
Victory 3 Investigations

Notes: none

3-4 - Succubus (Minion - Female - Demon)

Fight Dice 2
Wounds 3
Victory 4 Investigation

Notes:
Gains +1 Fight Dice vs any Male Hero.
Succubus Fight Dice rolls of 6 do 2 Hits each.
Succubus moves one step towards the Town Hall, each Mystery Phase. While a Sucubbus is in the town, move the Shadow Track one step closer to Darkness each Mystery Phase.

5 - Horned Demon (Minion - Sexless - Demon)

Fight Dice 4
Wounds 4
Victory 6 Investigation

Notes:
Horned Demon Fight Dice rolls of 6 do 2 Hits each.
Horned Demon moves one step towards the Town Hall, each Mystery Phase. When it reaches the Town center, place a new Horned Demon at a new random location. While a Horned Demon is in the town, move the Shadow Track one step closer to Darkness each Mystery Phase.

6 - Unfair deal - (Event)

The Villain proposed you (the First Player) a deal! Roll a D6, the deal is as follows:
1 - You gain 4 investigations and the Villain gains +1 combat.
2 - You gain 4 investigations and every other hero takes D3-1 wounds(a minimum of 1)
3 - You gain 4 investigations and the Villain gains +1 wound.
4 - You gain 6 investigations and the Shadow Track moves 2 steps closer to darkness.
5 - You can take an item out of any Discard pile, and the Villain gains +1 wound or +1 combat(Hero's choice)
6- You can move the Shadow Track 2 steps further from Darkness, but the Villain gains +1 wound or +1 combat(Hero's choice), and every other hero gains D3 wounds.

The hero can reject deal, but then he must immediatly resolve a single Fight Round with the Villain. Instead of causing Wounds, each Hit done to the Villain gains 1 Investigation for the Hero. This does NOT count as a Showdown.

--------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't come up with a better name for the *-d ability, any ideas would be greatly appreciatied. I am still working on the background story of this demon, but since english is not my first language, it goes a little slower then I expected. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them!Zombie17
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2013, 01:30 AM
RE: New Villain - The Replicator
Nice job. I like it and will present it to the group for playtesting.

How about "Mimic" instead of "Fast Learner"? And make it that the Villain gets what the Hero gets - either health or combat without the Hero choosing which.

Also, I'm not following the title "What You Desire". It doesn't seem to follow the prescribed action.

I can't help but see a similarity between this and Harry Potter's Bogart, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I like it. And the minion chart roll is as though you are rolling up your worst fear.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
11-15-2013, 01:55 AM
Interesting-please update results from both your play testing.
Mimic-seems to fit the Villain better than fast Learner.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-15-2013, 10:17 AM
I Like Mimic, so let's use Mimic insteadWatchmen02

(11-15-2013 01:30 AM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  Also, I'm not following the title "What You Desire". It doesn't seem to follow the prescribed action.

The basic idea behind What you Desire was, that the demon offers the hero something what he desires, to distract the hero from the fight. He he/she fails the combined Spirit and Honor test, he is distracted by the demons offer, so he/she misses a turn. Perhaps I could clarify this ability with some quote.

Thanks for the replies, and I will report back after the playtesting.

Oh, btw, can skill tests be used in the way I used it at the Deal in Blood ability? (Spirit test of (HONOR)+1) Is it understandable what I meant there?
11-15-2013, 05:15 PM
"Spirit Test of HONOR+1" seems odd. Do you mean, the higher a person's Honor, the tougher it is to succeed? Someone with an Honor of 6 wouldn't be able to pass the test at all?

I mean, they've never had dice rolls set up like that before, but that doesn't mean you can't do that for your enemy. But I am a bit perplexed by the mechanic in this specific situation.

Perhaps something like 6 - Honor, so someone with an Honor 1 has a target of 5, while someone with an Honor of 5 will pretty much automatically succeed. It depends on what you're looking for, I suppose.
11-15-2013, 05:30 PM
(11-15-2013 05:15 PM)gavindowning Wrote:  "Spirit Test of HONOR+1" seems odd. Do you mean, the higher a person's Honor, the tougher it is to succeed? Someone with an Honor of 6 wouldn't be able to pass the test at all?

I mean, they've never had dice rolls set up like that before, but that doesn't mean you can't do that for your enemy. But I am a bit perplexed by the mechanic in this specific situation.

Perhaps something like 6 - Honor, so someone with an Honor 1 has a target of 5, while someone with an Honor of 5 will pretty much automatically succeed. It depends on what you're looking for, I suppose.

But that is exactly what I wanted. So a person with a Honor of 6, can't make a deal with the demon, because his honor prevents him/her from doing such a thing.
11-15-2013, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2013 09:43 PM by ATOEtalGeek.)
(11-15-2013 10:17 AM)ekr3peeK Wrote:  
(11-15-2013 01:30 AM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  Also, I'm not following the title "What You Desire". It doesn't seem to follow the prescribed action.

The basic idea behind What you Desire was, that the demon offers the hero something what he desires, to distract the hero from the fight. He he/she fails the combined Spirit and Honor test, he is distracted by the demons offer, so he/she misses a turn. Perhaps I could clarify this ability with some quote.

Maybe this could be "Hypnotized" or "Delusions of Grandeur" or "Shiny Stuff"? Or is he more of an apparition or escapist so something like "Now You See Him..." or "Shadow Fade" or something like that. Not sure exactly what you are thinking for the nature of the Villain but I'm sensing he is more of a Conniver, so maybe "Delusions of Grandeur" fits well, as he puffs you up just to watch you fall.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
11-16-2013, 12:52 PM
(11-15-2013 09:42 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  
(11-15-2013 10:17 AM)ekr3peeK Wrote:  

Maybe this could be "Hypnotized" or "Delusions of Grandeur" or "Shiny Stuff"? Or is he more of an apparition or escapist so something like "Now You See Him..." or "Shadow Fade" or something like that. Not sure exactly what you are thinking for the nature of the Villain but I'm sensing he is more of a Conniver, so maybe "Delusions of Grandeur" fits well, as he puffs you up just to watch you fall.

This Villain is your basic Crossroads Demon, he makes deals with everyone, but the deals are almost always unfair ones. But I like your ideas, they are all much better then What you Desire, I just can't decide which one to use, either Shiny Stuff, or Delusions of Grandeur. For now, I will go with Delusions of Grandeur. The background story for the villain is almost ready, if you're interested check be laterZombie17