Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Zombies from Studio Miniatures
01-24-2012, 02:36 AM
RE: New Zombies from Studio Miniatures
Has anyone from the states ordered from these guys? If so how long did it take to get your pieces?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2012, 02:59 AM
Haven't been on Studio Miniatures for a while but just noticed these beauties:

[Image: 542390225756f78888142d54f3d17e01_L.jpg]

Check them out here (scroll down after Halloween Horrors): Only The Dead Are Left

Sorry if these have been mentioned elsewhere)
01-24-2012, 04:19 AM
those are sweet, i dont think they look as well sculpted as the other zombies from studio miniatures but theyll do.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
01-24-2012, 08:41 AM
The figs from Studio Minis are just awesome, every single one of them is cast very nicely.

I haven't started painting my nazi zombies yet, took me a while to put them together. I tried to make them all look different by severing limbs and stuff. Haven't started to paint them as I'm unsure what color to use for their uniforms.

When I ordered all my figscit took about 3 weeks to get to Belgium. But I must add that for one reason or another the postal service between the UK and Belgium truely sucks. I have had items from the US get here faster...

Socalrmd, if you like the figs, order them. I am convinced you will love them.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-24-2012, 06:15 PM
Thanks for posting these new figures. I've got some Studio Miniatures Zombies for christmas which look damn good sculpts. (They're the Halloween set). The bursting big fat guy would make a perfect Bloated Body Grave Weapon Zombie. The other two could be custom Grave Weapon Zombies Tank and Tongue Lasher. Not sure about the hoodie zed.
01-25-2012, 02:30 AM
I already ordered zombie horde 1 and another set of 8 but i am just waiting for them to get here. The survivors i wanted were the wizard of oz ones but i am having trouble coming up with enough back story and/or custom builds to make them playable in-game.
02-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Zombie Horde 1 and Mob 4 coming my way Watchmen02

Trev, a little question.
Do you have any idea what color they used for the skin? I really like the color on the zombies in previous pictures.
To be honest I find my zombies to be a little to "green" and the ones you do a tad to "blue" Zombie17
The color on the zeds posted here at the start is just so "correct" in my opinion.

02-27-2012, 05:14 PM
I actually got that set of Left 4 Dead zombies recently (took almost a month form them to be sent down here to Miami) and I really like the sculpts, the only problem I have is I am a complete noob when it comes to making custom miniatures so I dont even know where to start on painting them. Also the Tank mini hast it's right arm unattached to his body. I'm guessing this is on purpose as I've heard people say they use something called green stuff to make custom alterations. I'm really bummed out cuz I was hoping to use them out of the box for a L4D variant I was trying to set up for my gaming group. Anybody have any tips on how I can attach that Tank and get started on painting them. The figs themselves look really good!
02-27-2012, 10:09 PM
(02-27-2012 05:14 PM)LUIJOD Wrote:  Also the Tank mini hast it's right arm unattached to his body. I'm guessing this is on purpose as I've heard people say they use something called green stuff to make custom alterations. I'm really bummed out cuz I was hoping to use them out of the box for a L4D variant I was trying to set up for my gaming group. Anybody have any tips on how I can attach that Tank and get started on painting them. The figs themselves look really good!

You'll need to glue the arm into place with superglue. You may need to do what's known as 'pinning' if it's too heavy, which is where you drill a hole in both pieces you want to join and add a rod of metal (I use a cut off a paperclip) which you glue into both holes as well as gluing the joint to give it extra strength.

Green Stuff is a modelling putty that you mix from a blue and yellow strip of putty (Blue+Yellow=Green Watchmen02 ) the stuff can be sculpted and moulded to any shape you like, but once it sets, it sets hard
[Image: gf9_90310_green_stuff_kneadtite.jpg]

There are several companies that make it, this stuff is from Gale Force9 but Army Painter, Games Workshop and other modelling places will have some too.

As for painting, Samuraitrev has some fantastic painting instructions in his little corner of the forums, drop on by and have a read!

What you don't know can eat you... Zombie01
02-28-2012, 03:09 PM
They have arived! And that Romero character is just plain hilarious!!
Will start painting them soon... I hope... No no no...I will!