Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New custom Scenario: GET TO THE CHOPPER!!!
11-28-2010, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2014 06:34 PM by samuraitrev.)
New custom Scenario: GET TO THE CHOPPER!!!

Turns: 15
Scenario Search Items: KEYS and GASOLINE
Uses the same rules as 'Escape in the Truck' whenever text reads 'Truck' it means Helicopter.

SET UP
Take the number counters 1-6. Roll 1D6 the result is the Pilot's location. Now shuffle up the number counters face down or in a container and place them in random buildings. Re-roll if it lands in a building containing a Hero.

DURING THE GAME
If a Hero starts his Turn in a building with a Number Counter he/she may give up their Move action to reveal the Number Counter. If the number is the same as the number rolled at the start of the game, then they've found the Pilot. Use a random Townsfolk counter for the Pilot. The Pilot moves with 1D6 and has 1 Fight Die. He has 2 Wound counters and cards can be played on the Pilot. The Pilot cannot Search but the Pilot may be given Items/Weapons during the Exchange Items phase. If the Number Counter is not the Pilot discard the counter. Thematically they've found a dead body.

VICTORY CONDITIONS
Heroes Must find KEYS and use GASOLINE to refuel the Chopper same as 'Escape in the Truck' AND have the PILOT with them.
Zombies must either kill four heroes as normal OR kill the Pilot when found.

This game is more of a challenge on the Heroes if you find that 'Escape in the Truck' scenario quite easy.

Any comments/questions welcome.

Happy gamingWatchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2010, 12:29 AM
RE: New Scenario: GET TO THE CHOPPER!!!
That's a good twist on Escape in the Truck. Far fewer turn three wins that way. It's a bit easy for the zombies if they only have to kill the pilot, though. I guess the heroes shouldn't search for him until they find the keys and gas.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-29-2010, 12:56 AM
(11-29-2010 12:29 AM)mqstout Wrote:  That's a good twist on Escape in the Truck. Far fewer turn three wins that way. It's a bit easy for the zombies if they only have to kill the pilot, though. I guess the heroes shouldn't search for him until they find the keys and gas.

Good point it would be tactically unwise to find the pilot before the scenario search items. But it could still be an option if a player wanted to draw away the zombies to search for the gasoline in the garage building for example. Personally I think you're correct; leave the pilot untill last. It's good fun to use 1:43 scale models of the truck or helicopter in these missions. I think it adds more direction to the mission and is visually pleasing too!
11-29-2010, 09:26 AM
hehehe
THIS came to mind Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
11-29-2010, 01:35 PM
(11-29-2010 09:26 AM)Emp Wrote:  hehehe
THIS came to mind Watchmen02

Waghhh HA HAAHH "GET TO THA CHOPPA, IT'S THE ONLY WAY, GONNA SHOOT YOU IN DA FACE!!!!!!!!Zombie02

Cheers great song and vid made me laugh. Also Arnie shouts 'Get to the Choppa' in Predator.
11-29-2010, 06:28 PM
That is where it all comes from Zombie03 That band is called Austrian Death Machine and all their songs have "Arnold" in them Zombie17

I am the reason God stopped watching.
11-29-2010, 10:31 PM
I like this scenario. You've made small tweaks to an existing scenario. Where games are concerned, simpler is usually better. I would be willing to try it.

nursery school.....
03-14-2011, 07:37 PM
This is definitely a clever way to liven up (pun intended) the game while easily insuring a balanced experience. Also just so happens to be a line from possibly my all time favorite movie.

"There's something out there and it ain't no man; we're all gonna die"
03-15-2011, 03:51 AM
what the last 2 guys said! Thanks for sharing.
03-18-2011, 11:36 PM
(11-28-2010 08:52 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Turns 15
Scenario search items KEYS and GASOLINE
Uses the same rules as 'Escape in the Truck' whenever text reads 'Truck' it means Helicopter.

Here's the twist use the number counters (1-6). Place them randomly in bulidings (reroll if the number is in the same building as a hero character). Then roll one D6, the result is the pilot (use a random townsfolk from the counters and place it under one of the 6 hidden number counters). The pilot/townsfolk cannot be harmed in anyway until revealed.

To Win

Heroes Must find KEYS and use GASOLINE to refuel the Chopper same as 'Escape in the Truck'. AND have the correct townsfolk character with them who moves with 1D6 and fights with 1D6 and cannot search or have any cards given to them or used on them. The townsfolk has one wound.

Zombies must either kill four heroes as normal OR kill the pilot when found.

This game is more of a challenge on the heroes if you find that 'Escape in the Truck' scenario quite easy.

Any comments/questions welcome.

Happy gamingWatchmen02

I love it. I am so going to add this to my scenario list. Soon as I work out mine, I'll share as well. This is such a great Forum...everyone seems to be so cool and helpful. Makes me real glad that I found it.

Organize before they Rise.

In the head and not the chest,
head shots are the very best.