Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New custom Scenario: GET TO THE CHOPPER!!!
06-10-2011, 03:24 PM
RE: New Scenario: GET TO THE CHOPPER!!!
Personally I think that if you're going to search for the pilot AFTER the keys and gas, you are boned. Escape In The Truck is 15 turns already, and so is this. If you don't find the pilot in parallel (remember, you may have to search up to 6 buildings), you likely won't make it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2011, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2011 04:54 PM by samuraitrev.)
This scenario is more of a tweak to the Escape in the Truck scenario as a few people have said Escape in the Truck is quite easy. Especially if the Gas Station's on the board. This gives the seasoned Hero player more of a challenge. I like the idea that the turn limit is low it makes the game thematically frantic as if the Heroes are really racing to escape whilst protecting their one and only pilot.Zombie19

Our group have played it and the time limit is close but if you want to change any of the Scenario feel free.

It's the Heroes players decision if they want to search for the pilot before or after getting the Scenario search items. It's a tough call if you look for the pilot straight away they may be killed. If you leave the pilot too long the sun goes down and it's Zombie herd time=game over!

I always like to think of when the sun goes down in LNOE it's like when it happens in Evil Dead. NOT GOOD FOR BREATHERS!!
06-10-2011, 04:50 PM
(06-10-2011 04:47 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  This scenario is more of a tweak to the Escape in the Truck scenario as a few people have said Escape in the Truck is quite easy.

We don't usually find it overly easy, more like "just about right." Then again, we use random boards and random Heroes. If you have Jake, almost any "find the *blank*" scenario becomes easier.
06-10-2011, 04:59 PM
We use random boards, Heroes and Scenarios too. I think it makes the game more fresh and varied. Every game's different. I hear you about Jake he's a machine when it comes to finding scenario search items!
06-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Makes me wanna listen to Austrian Death Machine!!!!
06-12-2011, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 11:44 AM by samuraitrev.)
Follow this link GET TO THE CHOPAAAAA!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNhoN-xSWQE

Note to self: Don't listen to it with a hangover...
08-30-2011, 04:22 AM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2011 04:25 AM by abomination.)
I definetly like this version of escape better, its more challenging for the heros and seems more balanced to me.
09-02-2011, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2011 05:57 AM by Pred.)
I tried this out, and found him with 5 turns left to get to the chopper. Most of my heroes with hand weapons because my ranged got BAD rolls on breaks, but my friends had a full board of zombies with taken over markers on buildings. With 1 fight dice and 1 health my second turn I had zombie trouble (unavoidable, I was surrounded from the get go) and lost immediately. So we both found this a bit unfair so we changed his health to 2 and gave him the ability to heal by giving up his move action. On the very last Sun Dial I entered the Chopper (we were still using the truck) but he had killed 2 heroes during play. (we played 3 heroes Zombies wins or Sun Track) so with your current rule, I would have lost and by changing it, I still BARELY won. Just wanted everyone to know what we did that made it a little more fun for us. A fun twist to 'escape in truck'.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Thank you for letting me know how it played out and I'm glad you enjoyed it!
10-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Wow dude thats a great idea ill have to try it sometimeWatchmen02