Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New deck: Rewards
06-26-2010, 09:57 AM
New deck: Rewards
Yesterday, a friend was over, and we started talking about how you could make campaigns for LNoE, instead of just single scenarios.

We threw a lot of ideas around, and one of them was this:
Creating a reward deck.

How this would work:
You create a batch of scenarios, that are made to be played in succession. For instance:
Scenario 1: Escape in the truck base scenario
Scenario 2: The truck has run out of gas, and you must now escape on foot to a safehouse.
Scenario 3: You must defend the safehouse, while waiting for the military
Scenario 4: You've been safed by the military; now they've asked you to go back and destroy X, as this is the source of the zombie plague.

All heroes and items are carried over from one scenario to the next.
Depending on who won (and how fast you won), you get rewards, something akin to the heroes leveling up in an RPG.
Examples of hero rewards:
+1 movement
All heroes get to draw one card at the start of the turn
All buildings are Well Stocked
etc.

Example of Zombie Rewards:
+d6 zombies at start of turn
Zombie autospawn
One startzombie has graveweapon
Once pr game, can sacrifice 2 zombies to spawn a Zombie Hero
etc

Example of how a card would probably look:
[Image: pic751178.jpg]

Depending on how many cards I can think of, I'll either create 2 full decks of 54 cards (one for zombie rewards, one for hero rewards) or split it right up the middle (27 rewards for each). I'll then create an artscow deck - hopefully, before the current sale runs out on July 5th.

What do you guys think? And do you have ideas for rewards?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2010, 05:21 PM
RE: New deck: Rewards
Brichs Wrote:I'll then create an artscow deck - hopefully, before the current sale runs out on July 5th.

What do you guys think? And do you have ideas for rewards?

I love the idea, definitely wind up purchasing it if you get it into production before the end of the sale. Perhaps you could incorporate the concept of Zombie bosses into the zombie rewards deck (a bit more work).

Some simple rewards could be the ability to hold more hand weapons/guns, the extra movement like you said, perhaps an extra wound spot or increased fight ability (win on ties).

For the Zombies, the extra movement would be good (move 2 instead of one perhaps, kinda strong), auto spawn would be pretty decent, I like the idea of starting with a grave weapon zombie card as well as the zombie hero (just one of the unused hero cards). How about the ability to ignore zombie hunger? or perhaps even Hero doubles in hand to hand combat doesn't wound the zombie?
06-29-2010, 03:53 PM
So, status update:

Reward system: 50%
Rules: 100% completed
Cards: 40 % (I've created 90% of the different types of card, now I just need the last 10% and to create the decks)

Leveling system: 100%
06-29-2010, 10:57 PM
I like the campaign idea
06-30-2010, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2010 09:04 AM by Brichs.)
Well, I guess I have a release!

Release: Risk & Reward, a fanmade expansion for Last Night on Earth.

Everything is included; 48 Hero Reward Cards, 48 Zombie Reward Cards, 7 cards with Rules and 5 Leveling Cards.

I'm going to create a pdf with the mini-expansion, so people can craft them, if they don't want to use the artscow option, but I've added the cards to artscow, so people can take advantage of their current sale (expires on 5/7)
07-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Jason asked me very nicely to remove the links to artscow, as they were infringing their copyright, using art and IP that they own. So I removed them.

Still waiting for the ok to post the pdf version :-)
07-20-2010, 03:41 AM
Hmmm....yeah that's tricky. I mean, on one hand, one wouldn't expect FFP to encourage the sale of anything that is based on their copywrited material. But on the other hand, they did create LNOE to be "infinitely expandable" after all.