Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New expansion announced
05-26-2011, 07:16 AM
New expansion announced
From BGG:

The Coast Expansion is packed full of new material for A Touch of Evil® including 4 exciting new Heroes, a new full size game board of the fog-shrouded coastline to add to the main Shadowbrook board, new Town Elders, and a host of new mysteries to be solved. The Coast also features tons of new game cards including decks for new Locations to explore, The Smuggler’s Cove, Lighthouse, a haunted Shipwreck, and the long cursed village of Tidewater; and much more! With 4 fearsome new Villains to hunt like The Ghost Ship, Siren, or the dreaded Dreamweaver, the Heroes must fend off deadly curses and contend with all manner of creatures from the dark depths to keep evil at bay, forcing it back into the icy waters that break along the rocky shores of The Coast.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/6829729#6829729
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2011, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2011 10:07 AM by Old Dwarf.)
RE: New expansion announced
Well this answers some of our wishes as to what we wanted to see in the Expansion.It will be interesting to see how
tightly this is tied to the main Game Board.It can be a long slog from the Town Hall to the Coast Locations.

The Ghost Ship Villain would seem to be heavly tied to the Coast Board for obvious reasons.

A bit of a wait until 2012 but at least that should give me time to digest Fortune & Glory.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
05-27-2011, 01:59 AM
The Ghost Ship may be bound to water, but not her spectral Crew and Captain I'll wager...(Arrrr!).

;>

- Jason
05-27-2011, 02:22 AM
THREE boards! Well, that will give me time to work out 'The Wild Hunt' as a monster - one that hunts the heroes!

05-27-2011, 05:19 AM
(05-27-2011 01:59 AM)jchill7 Wrote:  The Ghost Ship may be bound to water, but not her spectral Crew and Captain I'll wager...(Arrrr!).

;>

- Jason

Never bet with the man that owns the DeckZombie13

OD

06-12-2011, 12:50 PM
This is Great news! Touch Of Evil is a personal fave so finally seeing the Coast getting a release in 2012 is awesome!

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
06-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Wait, what? NEW TOWN ELDERS?!!?!?!?! Holy crap!
06-30-2011, 05:07 PM
While I am excited to hear about this I can't help but wondering if this will be the last in the ATOE franchise. The 3 boards, along with all the other materials spread out on the playing surface will create a very cluttered table I'm sure.

I love the idea about the ghost ship. That seems like it would really fit the game well. The dream Weaver...not sure. The idea sounds intriguing so I'm curious to see what FFP does with it.
07-01-2011, 01:16 PM
The last we heard more stuff for AToE besides "The Coast"was on the way,I'm sure another Hero Pack is in the works and
new Event/Equipment/Mystery Cards and Town Elders would be a way to add stuff without extra space.

My Game Table could just about handle a 4th Board but your right,things would be cluttered.I'm hoping that FFP will
take the Game out of Shadowbrook & move it into a City,same game just new stand alone Boards.

OD

07-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Agreed Old Dwarf! I think the mechanics are sound and a new area is a good way to push the series onward after this third board expansion. I personally have two closet doors taped together laying across two smaller tables in my dining room serving as a Game Table. It could easily handle a fourth and even fifth expansion but at some point it simply becomes ridiculous looking! Can't take it over to anyone's house because of the size. I'd much rather start something anew and be able to use the same characters etc in the new area. Maybe two sets of boards that can be traversed through a shipyard on the coast, yet do not need to be lain side by side for example... A fourth board may be too much BUT I'm head over heals excited about a third Zombie17