Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PCGame - Last Night on Earth (ARTIST NEEDED!)
01-18-2011, 07:53 AM
PCGame - Last Night on Earth (ARTIST NEEDED!)
Greetings fellow heroes... and undead,

I am new here but rather then put a 'Hi this is me' post in the intro forum I would like to tie it in to the main reason why I have come to these forums.

And that is to create a PC version of Last Night on Earth! I am fairly passionate about games, and programming and so why shouldn't those things become involved with my love for all things undead.

Bought LNOE a few weeks ago now and after a few games went out and bought all the expansions and supplements (sure this would have happened to a few of us on here?). I am setting up a weekly/fortnightly gaming session if possible but there are many people who may not be able to get the necessary number of people together regularly to fully enjoy this game.

I have put together a few UI sketches of what the game could look like in PC form but would be keen to have one more member on the team. I've got the coding covered so are there any artists out there who would want to jump on board and deal with the front end graphics? I don't want anything second rate or dodgy, it needs to be polished and have the feel of the tabletop version or it isn't worth doing in my opinion.

If you are keen drop me a line at sx.marshall ( a t ) gmail dotcom and we can talk further. Once the project has begun I will let you all know where you can view the progress reports!

To conclude, it is a pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to getting to know you during my stay at thezombiegame.com Watchmen02

Cheers,
Seth
Find all posts by this user
01-18-2011, 08:07 AM
RE: PCGame - Last Night on Earth (ARTIST NEEDED!)
I'd be up for it, but I'm busy with my own LNOE project. I'd be interested to see what your sketches look like, though. You gotta dangle that carrot.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
01-18-2011, 01:43 PM
sxm, do you have any projects to highlight past experiences?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-21-2011, 04:20 AM
A video game version of LNoE that you could play against computer opponents or better yet, against other players in an online forum would answer so many people's prayers! How many of us found this game, fell in love with it, only to find that most or all of our friends are just too cool to play it with us!? It seems most of the people I've roped into playing it have said that they enjoyed it....like they rave about how awesome it is...but then then it's somehow like pulling teeth to get a game started! But I digress.... :p

Also...if you see some of my suggestions in the "what does FFP need to add" thread....well this would be the perfect opportunity to incorporate those! Specifically I'm thinking that it would be awesome if you could add software that would enable you to make custom scenarios, wet the win conditions etc. as well as customizable maps, characters, or even items. The potential awesomeness of this project in general is jaw dropping. Also...possibly copyright infringing. But the most awesome things usually are. :p
01-22-2011, 03:50 PM
(01-21-2011 04:20 AM)Russ Wrote:  A video game version of LNoE that you could play against computer opponents or better yet, against other players in an online forum would answer so many people's prayers! How many of us found this game, fell in love with it, only to find that most or all of our friends are just too cool to play it with us!?

um.....me Zombie24
01-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that this project is still moving forward. It isn't going to happen quickly but it is something I am very motivated to achieve.

Thanks for your replies, you will be hearing from me again shortly once I have something I am comfortable sharing.
02-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Beware about the copyright rule thou, i saw on youtube a guy that had almost finnished a PC-version of Tannhäuser http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLTA20RiEzQ but FFG stopped him and he couldnt continue with his work.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
02-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Actually, I'm afraid that a fan-made PC version of Last Night on Earth DOES squarely fall into the 'copyright infringement' territory and I have to ask you NOT to proceed with that project. Sorry. Better to find out sooner than later I suppose.

If it makes you feel any better, a digital version of the game is something that we are actively pursuing in an official capacity.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

- Jason

Jason C. Hill
Flying Frog Productions
02-08-2011, 02:24 PM
...well that is that. Actually, I think I am more psyched about an official version. Thanks for the teaser, Jason!
02-08-2011, 02:27 PM
After Jason's reply, I feel it's appropriate to close this thread.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed