Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New hero: Solomon Asher, the Rabbi
06-29-2012, 07:14 PM
New hero: Solomon Asher, the Rabbi
I’m working on a set of new heroes for A Touch of Evil, and I’d welcome any input. The base game primarily features heroes who are visitors and passers-through, but my set focuses more on residents, with a couple exceptions. I’m planning a healer, a merchant, an apothecary/alchemist, a silversmith, a retired professor, an undertaker, a rabbi, and Dr. Manning’s son Jacob. I haven’t play-tested any of these yet, but I hope to remedy that in the next week or so. Here’s the rabbi. The golem mechanic will need some work, but I think it's neat.

rL

Solomon Asher, the Rabbi

Solomon lost his wife and their three children to influenza last winter, leaving him heart-broken and his faith shaken to its core. At a loss as to why he was spared, he’s been traveling along the coast since the spring, trying to make sense of his loss and renew his relationship with God. After seeing the terror that has come to Shadowbrook, he can’t help but wonder if he was meant to help turn the darkness away.

Wounds - 3
Combat - 1
Cunning - 2
Spirit - 5
Honor - 5

Strict Observance: Every fourth turn is spent in study and no action is taken (except during showdown, use counters if needed)
The Book of Formation: At the cost of 18 Investigation and one wound, Solomon can create a golem ally with 3 Fight Dice and 5 Wounds (golem cannot be healed, only one golem can exist at a time, Solomon cannot voluntarily end his turn at a Town Location with a golem ally, and Solomon can dispel a golem at any time)
Blessing of Yahweh: As an action, Solomon can remove a curse from a Hero in the same space. An optional payment of Investigation is considered an offering.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply