Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
New layout (Base for Labyrinth Scenario)
02-20-2011, 12:44 AM
New layout (Base for Labyrinth Scenario)
Hi Zombie Lovers, this is my first post so I don’t know if I´m doing it right. Please move it to the correct forum if wrong.

I came up with a layout in a form of a labyrinth using the 9 boards (considering the GH expansion). I think that with some work a great scenario could be put together.

Here are some points that I like about this layout:

1) Heroes have to go through all of the 9 boards (not just a few of them) in order to get to the truck and finish the scenario. Get all your boards in use.
2) Heroes have to work as a group in order to win. It could be stressful to roll a one during the moving phase and be separated from the pack.
3) The yellow arrows are the only way to pass between boards and are excellent for Zombie ambush.
4) Heroes have a lot of ways of getting from point A to point B: through buildings, alleys or main streets.
5) Remember Zombies can move through walls. So, they could cross from the Plant to the Supermarket with one movement, getting ahead of the Heroes. Compensating for slow movement Zombies.
6) I put the Safe in the bank, and the heroes can open it with a roll of +5 to get an item from it. The briefcase could be used in a similar way. (Just an idea)
7) I put some Free Search items it some strategic buildings that do not have the Pick-up legend (High School, General Store, Farm House).
8) The card Escape through the Windows would be a very valuable card with this layout.
9) Heroes can shut Ranged Weapons through the windows, so they can defend other Heroes across boards.
10) If a hero gets killed the whole strategy has to be rethought as the new hero starts at the beginning and has to go through the whole town to get the four heroes in the truck to finish the scenario (return and help the new hero or wait fighting Zombies)

As I said before, this is just the beginning. A fancier name for the scenario is needed as well as story about it : “The Heroes have to cross a Zombie infested town in order to get to the pickup truck and escape…” (as you can see I´m not good at writing since English is not my first language).

Please let me know what do you think about it, and give me ideas to improve it. If somebody wants to take this idea and develop it further, please feel free to do it (just keep me informed).

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2011, 01:10 AM
RE: New layout (Base for Labyrinth Scenario)
Welcome.

I have moved the thread to the LNoE "Variants" section.
02-20-2011, 01:21 AM
if would be fun to add the left 4 dead variants to this scenario, it would play just like the game. possibly putting a safe house somewhere for bathroom breaks.haha.

like the idea man, my group has arranged the board in similar ways, letting the zombie player be kinda like the DM and build the board, than the heros got to choose where the free searches and stuff would go. pretty fun, kinda like playing a campaign or somthing.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
02-20-2011, 01:33 AM
(02-20-2011 01:21 AM)deadrabbit Wrote:  if would be fun to add the left 4 dead variants to this scenario, it would play just like the game. possibly putting a safe house somewhere for bathroom breaks.haha.

like the idea man, my group has arranged the board in similar ways, letting the zombie player be kinda like the DM and build the board, than the heros got to choose where the free searches and stuff would go. pretty fun, kinda like playing a campaign or somthing.

I haven´t played Left 4 dead, but I´ve played Resident Evil and one of the things I enjoyed the most was to roam around the town killing zombies. With this layout you get the feeling of been in a small town downtown.
02-20-2011, 03:02 AM
Very cool idea. The Gauntlet would be a very fitting name.
02-20-2011, 03:55 AM
I enjoy this idea. Good find with that board layout.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-20-2011, 04:00 AM
Oh this I like... I am always looking for ways to use all the boards (D153453D and I are talking about another option... but he's getting caught up on a few things first and we might wait for the next LNOE expansion to come out first.) And this idea looks great.

I finally got a Game night set up with my wife and a friend for every other Friday (opposite Fridays to a RPG we all play). Once i get everyone used to the rules, I'll likely try this board lay out... *Saves the image for later reference*

Good work!
02-20-2011, 04:11 AM
Wow, that is really neat! I'm going to have to get a bigger table to try it out though, lol.

[img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/044/a/b/ab57ead96545f9f083422696827cf192-d39i2v4.png[/img]
02-20-2011, 04:54 AM
It looks really cool. I will have to try it. I will also see if I could add some of the custom boards as well. Thanks for the idea. Watchmen02

Mistrunner
Death is Only the Begining.
02-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Nice layout actually. Took me some time to understand what was going on, but I like it. I would say Revenge of the Dead would be awesome with that on top of escaping.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.