Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New products at the web store!
06-18-2009, 10:29 PM
RE: New products at the web store!
Ryuk Wrote:Got my Pillages today! Fast Shipping! Great Seller! Will Buy From Again!

Wait... wait-a-minute! I'm not on eBay!

Great cards, new game mechanic- Zombie Pillage looks good.
Can't wait to shuffle them in.

Looks like I won and advance forward...
and loseaturn... well, I guess you.......... wait for it... wait-for-it...
lose a turn.

Yeah... I suck. I was so happy today at work cuz I knew I had allies awaiting me at home, but alas... nothing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Got mine on Friday! Good stuff. By pure luck, or bad shuffling, we managed to draw 3 of the new cards in our first game after implementing the supplement.

Little iffy on the Zombie Pillage scenario though. My group aren't fans of the "Zombies win when they discard the last Hero Card" rule because it brings such an anti-climatic end to an otherwise exciting game.
06-22-2009, 04:16 PM
SPARTAN VI Wrote:Got mine on Friday! Good stuff. By pure luck, or bad shuffling, we managed to draw 3 of the new cards in our first game after implementing the supplement.

Little iffy on the Zombie Pillage scenario though. My group aren't fans of the "Zombies win when they discard the last Hero Card" rule because it brings such an anti-climatic end to an otherwise exciting game.

Guess it depends on if your the zombie player(s) or not :P
06-23-2009, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2009 11:22 PM by SPARTAN VI.)
crichton Wrote:
SPARTAN VI Wrote:Got mine on Friday! Good stuff. By pure luck, or bad shuffling, we managed to draw 3 of the new cards in our first game after implementing the supplement.

Guess it depends on if your the zombie player(s) or not :P

We completely removed that rule amongst the veteran players. It's never gotten close anyway, but if it did, we all agree that regardless of our teams, it's anti-climatic way to end the game. When newbies are playing as Zombies, we abide by that rule, then when we go back into advanced games, we toss it.

It would especially suck if the game were so close, then bam, it's over because the Zombie player discarded the Hero's last card... I know a couple people in my group that wouldn't want to play the game again after that.

The Zombie Pillage scenario may be different only because it's the object of the game to discard the Hero town deck.. we'll give it that one chance.
06-24-2009, 12:33 AM
In my games, even before getting the expansion(s) or promo cards never got close to emptying. I never did the "basic game" with some of the cards removed, though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-26-2009, 02:36 PM
That is a good question....

Thematically, what does going through the card deck have to do with the Hero's demise? They just give up?

Of course, for most of the scenarios, searching is an important feature, so game wise, there would be no point to continuing.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-26-2009, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2009 05:27 PM by SPARTAN VI.)
I could imagine the Zombie player discarding the last card representing the total devastation of Woodinvale. But it wouldn't be any different if a Hero drew/discarded their last card instead. Other than an abrupt and anti-climatic ending, discarding the Hero deck is pure chance.

Before the Zombie Pillage rule, the only way a Zombie player could force the Heroes to discard from their deck would be a Zombie Card. It was a lousy rule and I think Jason Hill realized this; He created Zombie Pillage to legitimize the rule by introducing an ability that the Zombies can adapt to their strategy. This is important because before, if a Zombie strictly intended to win by discarding the Hero deck, he'd have to burn through cards to draw the right Zombie Event cards. Now with Zombie Pillage, if the Heroes decide to "turtle up," they run the risk of distant Zombies pillaging their deck to the ground. Keeps the Heroes active and the Zombie player engaged with their idle Zombies.
06-27-2009, 04:17 PM
I see it as something from Land of the Dead. The Zombies beginning to learn and start doing what the scenario describes. They Pillage the town. From a strictly game mechanic view this would look like it was anti-climatic but from a Cinematic view this is pretty dramatic. The Heroes may lose the game but from that same cinematic viewpoint they stand there as Woodinvale is razed to the ground in a very epic Jerry Bruckheimer fire storm as the surviours look on in dread as the Zombie Rise that started in this once quiet town has now spread out to nearby towns and eventually the world en masse.

I like the pressure cooker timer feel that the game gets put on it. And I agree that it keeps the players moving and doing things instead of just sitting back and playing it safe. Either way it is very much a climactic ending if you decide to run the Scenario's in some semblance of order in which to create Cinematic overtones to your gaming session(s) rather than just playing it as a board game.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."